Help us make BLACK a UWP for Windows 10

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Pledged.

Thank you for the wonderful WP 8.1 App. I would love to see this as a UWP. More and more I am now post processing on my laptop and BLACK would make a great addition to my toolkit there. I'm also excited to see that some new filters are being planned.

I don't often use a B&W filter, but when I do I want a quality one and BLACK has always come through for me. Sometimes it just sets the mood you want in the image.

BLU Win HD LTE, Camera 360 Sight, BLACK Tri-X 400 (Kodak) filter.
BLACK_11_10_2015 2_55_53 PM.jpg

BLU Win HD LTE, Camera 360 Sight, BLACK Greyscale (Original) filter.
BLACK_11_10_2015 5_29_23 PM.jpg

Lumia 640, ProShot HDR +/- 1.7, BLACK Lady Grey 400 (Lomography) filter.
BLACK_3_12_2016 5_32_43 PM.jpg

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
@peter_uk

Sad to see the app didn't reach its goal. I hope the UWP project for Black isn't abandoned.
You guys have one treasure of an app and I hope that once you have the new UWP app, it will get more exposure.

Hope to get updates on this.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Sadly my Pledge ($20) didn't come close to your goal.

I too hope a UWP would still be in the pipe. I'd pay for a BLACK App that would run on phone and desktop for sure.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
https://appstretch.com/App/37571/BLACK

The Kickstarter continues to be stalled out...

I'm amazed that this is so. Have you used BLACK? Then you know it is that good. Have you not used BLACK? Give it a try.

Surely this is just a case of the word not getting out. 300,000 downloads of the 8/8.1 App and not even 1/10th can give a dollar? But really all they are looking for is not 10% giving a dollar, but only 3.3% giving a dollar.

I pledged $10 this round. I've done my part. I weep for this platform where the users want every App only if it is free. Where are our developers? On platforms where they get support. That's where. If you want nice things they often come at a cost. Unlimber your wallet, reach in there and give something.

Don't be a whiner AND a cheapskate. That's just ugly. SMH.

A letter from the developers posted to Kickstarter.
Hello world!

We need your help to make a new version of BLACK for Windows 10.

Two years ago during the Microsoft's //Publish/ event in London, we submitted the first version of the app to the Windows Phone Store. Since then BLACK has been downloaded more than 650k times across platforms and 300,000 times alone on Windows Phone, receiving a 4.4 star rating. It has been featured in the store in many countries and we received an incredible amount of great feedback. People absolutely loved it. If you haven’t try it yet, we invite you to do so and enjoy it for free.

It's finally time for an update!

Updating the app from Windows Phone 8.0 Silverlight to Windows 10 it's not an easy job. Many of the APIs, coding standards and tools have changed dramatically. In fact, only about 10% of the existing code can be reused in new version. This means that we need to almost completely rewrite it, which takes time. Unfortunately, we will not be able to do it in our spare time anymore.

This is where you come in!

If you help us rise our goal, we will dedicate ourselves to this task. We are not looking for profit, just enough to cover development and living costs to make this happen.

We are very much looking forward to have you involved on this. We are very excited about this update and what it'll bring to the platform and the photography community.

Peter & Alvaro • team #BLACKapp

FAQ

Will it work on PC as well?

Yes, it will be a universal application.

Will there be new features?

Yes, the app will have:
1. Completely redesigned collection page
2. Three new filters:
- P400 TURA EXPIRED 2002
- ACUPAN 800 PATERSON EXPIRED 1999
- N15 ORWO
3. Social sharing options

How long it is going to take?

We have estimated the development time for 2 months working full time.

Will I be notified once it's ready?

We will be posting updates about app development on Twitter: @BLACKappForW10

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I didn't find it difficult at all. So far as I know anyone can sign up for AppStretch. I didn't let no PayPal slow me down. They don't charge your card unless the goal is reached so you would know the exact date to expect to have the funds available....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes