DOSBox for Windows Phone

sensboston

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I tried DOSBox on the large TV screen (in the screen mirror mode), the overall experience isn't good enough: a small lag via Miracast (I do have MS USB stick) "kills" gameplay for the most of DOS games (only very old, simple and small CGA games are still playable).

BTW, if you have Xbox One controller, it means you also have Xbox One console too ;) I afraid even good old DOS games can not compete with modern super-duper titles on the brand new console :D

Last edited:

daimv

May 21, 2015
Visit site
I don't have an xbox one. I just like the controller. Same with xbox 360, but the newer xbox one controller works via bluetooth too so it is easier to connect to a phone. I use the controllers with my PC but every now and then I play games on the phone and it's good to be able to use controllers for some games.
Also, yes with miracast if the game is fast lag isn't all that comfortable. But you can also use continuum via a wired connection (hdmi etc) which takes care of lag.

Hridesh Mg

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
wp_ss_20161031_0001.pngwp_ss_20161031_0002.pngwp_ss_20161031_0015.pngwp_ss_20161031_0020.pngwp_ss_20161031_0021.png
it doesnt work in windows 8 please help
anyways great work can you teach me how to install windows 3.1 in windows phone:smile::smile:

sensboston

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Sorry but I can't reproduce your issue and can't help. Here are screenshots I just made:

wp_ss_20161031_0001.png

wp_ss_20161031_0002.png

By the way, your keyboard looks different than mine (character between '#' and '%'). Are you sure it's English (US)?

[UPDATE] Looks like you are using English (India). Please read carefully what I wrote about English (US)!

Last edited:

Engineer_in_shorts

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
1. I know dosbox on Win10 works, but what it's a faff to setup at the best of times, particularly for those who are not so technical. Seems ideal candidate for Win Store, even just bridging the existing dosbox with a UI wrapper :) This would be a larger market then WP, so seems obvious to me. I am tempted.
4. A lot of the code base can be common between WP8 and UWP projects. Just need to organise it.

sensboston

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Sorry but I don't agree with your arguments. DOBox requires some technical experience by default: customer should know what is "DOS", where and how to get old DOS games and disk images, how to run these games etc. and so on. I can't ship the app with pre-installed games, it will be a software piracy.

sensboston

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
DOSBox got (finally, after seven tries!) a major update to version 2.0.1

There are two very important features added to this release:

• DOSBox become W10M UWP app (it was WP8.1 UWP before this update)
  • now you can avoid files synchronization by placing DOSBox home folder on the sd-card!

I strongly recommend to uninstall and reinstall app, to get rid from stored files on the app's local storage.

Other features added (but most for the paid version only):

• basic and extended Continuum support
  • Xbox controllers support (tested on Xbox 360 & Xbox One controllers)
  • extended support of MOGA controllers (tested with MOGA Boost but now should work with any MOGA BT controller)

Next week (starting this Sunday) app will be on sale, so hurry up! Also, please re-rate this version again even if you rated before (this is also important).

[UPDATE] Looks like stupid M$ completely disabled std file i/o on the sd-card for the apps installed from store :( So, I have to push new update to disable that prefect feature :( But if you still want it, feel free to download and install app from this thread.

The only thing I would ask: please rate this (and upcoming) release to "5 stars" and provide a good feedback, I worked really hard on these features!

Last edited:

SBPaixao

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I would like to know if it is possible to run an executable file (compiled with FORTRAN or Basic) using DOSBox in a Windows Phone 8.1 smartphone microsoft lumia 435?
Thanks a lot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos