So I took the leap and got an iPhone 5

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Mainly cost. AT&T offered an early upgrade for 450 while all the other phones were fully priced

Ok, that makes sense. If I were to switch platforms, I'd go Android (and Samsung). I despise iTunes too much to consider iPhone.

I also hate Apple's patent trolling and would rather support Samsung than Apple.

Last edited:

ilifecomputer

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I've been using a gs3 these days because of a hookup from a friend. The OS is pretty nice but the phone is pretty horrible. Not a knock on Samsung since I think the focus line was decent but the galaxy is ***; I'd take a 5 over this hardware any day.

Details: lte glitch that burns full battery randomly over night, keyboard flashes... First bug is enough to make me hate it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Mainly cost. AT&T offered an early upgrade for 450 while all the other phones were fully priced

I really wished a Nexus was really cheap for you. I really hate Apple but you're a pretty good guy so I'm pretty pissed that you are making me feel this way.

Oh, screw it - Apple sucks and by extension now so do you.

There. Happy now?

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Actually the nexus 4 would've been cheaper but I didn't want android. Been there, done that. Kinda over it. Plus they don't have cinemagram LOL

LMAO awwww. I used to feel that way before but "saw the light" LOL. It's not that bad and since I have an Apple TV, this airplay stuff is great

Sent from something AMAZING using my pinkie

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Actually the nexus 4 would've been cheaper but I didn't want android. Been there, done that. Kinda over it. Plus they don't have cinemagram LOL

LMAO awwww. I used to feel that way before but "saw the light" LOL. It's not that bad and since I have an Apple TV, this airplay stuff is great

Sent from something AMAZING using my pinkie

iOS is just basically a dumbed down Android really.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Black 16 GB today from Radio Shack. Happy with my purchase. I'm eyeing a surface for the next holidays but will be watching W8 and WP8 news as they progress and will still stick around on the forums.
I noticed you on iMore and said "wait a minute...".

Good device. I'm probably going to do iPhone 5 and Lumia. Drop this GS3. Only use it for work. I actually dislike Android a lot.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I've thought about getting an iphone too. If I could share pictures straight to the skydrive app I would probably do it. This whole WP8 release has kinda left a bad taste in my mouth with the unknown release dates and 920 exclusivity. Also the iphone 5 is the most powerful phone out there right now as far as hardware. I'll probably get an 8X though.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I've thought about getting an iphone too. If I could share pictures straight to the skydrive app I would probably do it. This whole WP8 release has kinda left a bad taste in my mouth with the unknown release dates and 920 exclusivity. Also the iphone 5 is the most powerful phone out there right now as far as hardware. I'll probably get an 8X though.

That A6 plays Doodle Jump at lightning fast speeds.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
iOS is just basically a dumbed down Android really.

I like the ecosystem. Smoothest thus far

There is an official skydrive app but it won't go "straight" to skydrive. You'd have to go to the app an add it

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
That A6 plays Doodle Jump at lightning fast speeds.

The faster the better, lol.

I like the ecosystem. Smoothest thus far

There is an official skydrive app but it won't go "straight" to skydrive. You'd have to go to the app an add it

My wife has the skydrive app on her iphone and as you said can't share straight to skydrive. Other than that I really have no issues with the iphone, I just like the skydrive integration of WP and I don't want to waste the apps I've purchased.

speedtouch

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Darn! Sorry to hear we lost you to the Apple Borg, my man. Well, I hope it works out for you. I'll miss you at the December STL Windows Phone Meetup.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

No simultaneous voice/data on iPhone 5 if you have VZW and are not using WiFi. I'm not sure if the 8X will have simultaneous voice/data. The Samsung Android devices do.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
No simultaneous voice/data on iPhone 5 if you have VZW and are not using WiFi. I'm not sure if the 8X will have simultaneous voice/data. The Samsung Android devices do.

Yeah, that's definitely a negative. Most of the HTC androids Verizon has will do voice and data at the same time on 3G also. It's not a feature I would use a lot though.

tomatoes11

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

Iphone 5 is not the most powerful hardware. I admit, the A6 is impressive but the Optimus G and any of the Qualcomm S4 pro chipset handsets are much more powerful. Only reason those handsets lose to the iphone 5 in some benchmarks is because:

-IOS benchmarks better than any other operating system.

-Google Chrome slows down any browser test by about half, if Dolphin or Boat Browser were you used it would smoke the iphone 5.

-Iphone 5 pushes less pixels than all of it's competitors. Less than 720p while every other chip set has to push HD or HD+

Put IOS 6 on an Optimus G or Padfone 2 or Lumia 920T or Nexus 4 and it will smoke the crap out of the iphone 5.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Iphone 5 is not the most powerful hardware. I admit, the A6 is impressive but the Optimus G and any of the Qualcomm S4 pro chipset handsets are much more powerful. Only reason those handsets lose to the iphone 5 in some benchmarks is because:

-IOS benchmarks better than any other operating system.

-Google Chrome slows down any browser test by about half, if Dolphin or Boat Browser were you used it would smoke the iphone 5.

-Iphone 5 pushes less pixels than all of it's competitors. Less than 720p while every other chip set has to push HD or HD+

Put IOS 6 on an Optimus G or Padfone 2 or Lumia 920T or Nexus 4 and it will smoke the crap out of the iphone 5.

I based my statement off the iPhone 5 review by Anandtech. Regardless it is a powerful phone, but it will be surpassed in the next six months or so by new androids.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3