So I took the leap and got an iPhone 5

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

AZBrowncoat

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been using a gs3 these days because of a hookup from a friend. The OS is pretty nice but the phone is pretty horrible. Not a knock on Samsung since I think the focus line was decent but the galaxy is ***; I'd take a 5 over this hardware any day.

Details: lte glitch that burns full battery randomly over night, keyboard flashes... First bug is enough to make me hate it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Had a GS3 for two days...flipped it on CL...couldn't get rid of it fast enough but really interested in what is available outside the Fruit Stand for a while as I've been on iOS for a long time so giving WP8 a shot.

Syed Sultan

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I got every iPhone since launch and finally moved to Lumia last week. My Reason for move was simply this. Windows is the most exciting phone right now. All my friends who upgraded to an Iphone 5 keep saying they got over the "newness" in 1 hr. Lumia keeps me excited all the time. Not to mention after getting used to the Lumia's heaviness I phone seems like a puny toy. No pun intended :)

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Just chiming back in after using this phone for a few months. Still loving it. Haven't had the urge to look at other phones like I usually do. Even bought a second case *looking for a juice pack case that protects the whole phone*

crystal_planet

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
Just chiming back in after using this phone for a few months. Still loving it. Haven't had the urge to look at other phones like I usually do. Even bought a second case *looking for a juice pack case that protects the whole phone*

*twirls his Ativ S like a police baton*

Son, you are a long way from home....:grin:

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
everyone with an iPhone, you really should jailbreak it NOW :p with the really awesome tweaks from cydia, it offers several things, it's still fast, customizable and the software is designed for it (unlike android, there are jsut too many devices to support) evasi0n.com

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Put IOS 6 on an Optimus G or Padfone 2 or Lumia 920T or Nexus 4 and it will smoke the crap out of the iphone 5.

This sort of comment always makes me laugh.

Just because the iPhone is a 1.2ghz Dual Core, and Android/WP have higher ghz values, or more cores, doesn't make them any faster. Thats like saying a 1.8L engine is always faster than a 1.6L, or that a 1.8L V6 is faster than a 1.8L V4.

Apple made custom chips, and spent a lot of time getting them right, so they perform really well, are ultra energy efficient, and cheap, they then roll them out across multiple products.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
everyone with an iPhone, you really should jailbreak it NOW :p with the really awesome tweaks from cydia, it offers several things, it's still fast, customizable and the software is designed for it (unlike android, there are jsut too many devices to support) evasi0n.com

I'll let my boyfriend play with that and I'll decide then.

LOL @ crystal planet

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I think we all know the iPhone is a well made, well operating phone and certainly I've thought about getting one but every time I think of that screen with row after row of icons, I get bored to death - and that's before I even get the thing. It brings a lot to the table but I can never get past that whole boring thing. Certainly Windows Phone is not without it's drawbacks but overall, I think it is the OS most likely NOT to bore me which is relatively important given how often I want to change phones :grin: I could kinda sorta say that about Android but with that, I am often reminded of all the force closes. Doesn't seem to matter what phone you get, there is no way anyone can guarantee that every app will run great on every phone and THAT is the problem with Android. As much as some people HATE how Apple and Microsoft control their environment, it is what keeps their phones running relatively smoothly. You want the freedom of Android, then be prepared to deal with all that entails. I get enough customization with WP to keep me interested and the phone is nothing if not smooth. Even my technologically impaired hubby prefers his Windows Phone over the iPhone (he's had both).

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I really wished a Nexus was really cheap for you. I really hate Apple but you're a pretty good guy so I'm pretty pissed that you are making me feel this way.

Oh, screw it - Apple sucks and by extension now so do you.

There. Happy now?

Cute. Nice to see we can all laugh at this stuff. Some people take it so seriously. I don't like iphone either, not because its a crappy phone but because Apple has so many people thinking this is the ONLY phone of any value when in fact there are many really good ones out there now. But I suppose it's no different than the grip Harley has on its riders. Still, you really aren't buying the motorcyle (or the phone in this case). You're buying the lifestyle. I just hate being like everyone else, so many of whom have NO clue what to do with their phone. They only buy it to be "cool" and be like everyone else. I prefer to blaze my own trail and while my Windows Phone may or may not become the "in" thing, I am happy in my decision to go with it and not be one of the zillions who "drank the kool-aid"

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I tried out a 920 for awhile, but it was my 2nd phone and I decided to get rid of it. I had an opportunity to trade it for an iPhone 5, which I did because the cash value of the iPhone 5 is much higher. I played with it for awhile, although I had used an older iPhone awhile ago and hated it. After using the iPhone 5 for awhile, my honest unbiased view comparing it to the 920 is that "Now this is a real phone!" I don't expect that opinion to be popular here but it's how I felt. And, at the time, I would've had a much more positive attitude towards WP than Apple.

Connie Litrenta

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I actually left the iPhone cause of the battery life

Sent from a device I love using Tapatalk 4

Because of battery life? Nah. It's just my opinion of course, but I think most of these new smart phones are pretty much alike as far as battery. The bottom line is, given how I choose to use my phone, NONE of them will last me the day. I'll have to charge it somewhere along the way. That's fine because of how I choose to use it. About the only thing I will not tolerate concerning battery life is if it died before noon (I get up rather early though). Fact is, battery life is probably one of the last things I look at these days. First I decide what OS I want, then I try and figure out what the best phone out there is that has that OS or at least narrow it down to 2 or 3 choices. After that? Research (customer reviews and boards like this) and putting my handds on actual device.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Because of battery life? Nah. It's just my opinion of course, but I think most of these new smart phones are pretty much alike as far as battery. The bottom line is, given how I choose to use my phone, NONE of them will last me the day. I'll have to charge it somewhere along the way. That's fine because of how I choose to use it. About the only thing I will not tolerate concerning battery life is if it died before noon (I get up rather early though). Fact is, battery life is probably one of the last things I look at these days. First I decide what OS I want, then I try and figure out what the best phone out there is that has that OS or at least narrow it down to 2 or 3 choices. After that? Research (customer reviews and boards like this) and putting my handds on actual device.

Exactly cause of battery life. Phone died incredibly fast. A 1440 mah battery for a phone with LTE is never going to.add up. I don't expect my charge to last all day, but not just foe three hours of full use

Sent from a device I love using Tapatalk 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3