So I took the leap and got an iPhone 5

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Black 16 GB today from Radio Shack. Happy with my purchase. I'm eyeing a surface for the next holidays but will be watching W8 and WP8 news as they progress and will still stick around on the forums.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Its q nice phone. Not sure you'll like iTunes if you're not use to it. Feels good having all the major apps and a working notification center eh?
Black 16 GB today from Radio Shack. Happy with my purchase. I'm eyeing a surface for the next holidays but will be watching W8 and WP8 news as they progress and will still stick around on the forums.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I had a iPhone 4s recently it only took me 1 week to get tired of launching apps just to see what is going on. The OS and device worked well and the hardware is top notch but having to launch an app every time I wanted an update was a PITA. The notifications center is useless. You will see how it is good thing you have 30 days to return it. I traded my 4s for a T2 I couldn't be happier. Let us know in a few weeks how you are liking it.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Why you having to open a app you wanted an update.

Please, do tell how u get updates on a WP. Example, the WPC app doest give any information on the article itself, just that an new article has been posted. Just as any platform with notifications available. The tile is too small to show any useful information.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site

You'll learn to hate static screens with icons in a week. You'll be back to WP soon. :D

If you don't like Ryan Seacrest you won't like iTunes. :lol:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1ypn0y32Ac[/YT]

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Why you having to open a app you wanted an update.

Please, do tell how u get updates on a WP. Example, the WPC app doest give any information on the article itself, just that an new article has been posted. Just as any platform with notifications available. The tile is too small to show any useful information.

I'm not trying to hijack the thread here but I will give you one example. I have my daughter pinned to my start screen if she posts something on face book her live tile changes showing that she has posted. The only way I will know if she posted something on an iPhone is to open the Facebook app. I know you like iPhone jax I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that. Please done hate on me because it's not for me.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I personally love my iPhone 4, but I'm jumping to WP8 and either getting a Lumia 810 or 920. I think both platforms have great things to offer. Wouldn't go with an iPhone 5 because a few aspects of it sort of turn me off, such as the new small dock connector and the fact that the phone's taller but doesn't have a wider screen. But I hope you're happy with your new device. I think it's a good thing to use more than one platform. :)

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Is iTunes still slow? How does it feel in the hand?

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I hate Apple products but Itunes kicks the crap out of Zune for my needs. It is simple and can do do what I want.

Sent from my mwp6985 using Board Express

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Its q nice phone. Not sure you'll like iTunes if you're not use to it. Feels good having all the major apps and a working notification center eh?

I've had a 3GS before and nothing's new LOL. iTunes sucks on desktop.......but the App Store and iTunes on the phone is SO much better now with this new update. Very fast and responsive.

*whispers* feels great

I had a iPhone 4s recently it only took me 1 week to get tired of launching apps just to see what is going on. The OS and device worked well and the hardware is top notch but having to launch an app every time I wanted an update was a PITA. The notifications center is useless. You will see how it is good thing you have 30 days to return it. I traded my 4s for a T2 I couldn't be happier. Let us know in a few weeks how you are liking it.

Lol ill admit having to clear three sections for notifications are somewhat tiresome, but the hardware and the apps are the trade off. Launching apps hasnt gotten to me yet, and i agree that having to go into social apps to see how friends and family are doing seems like a back step to windows' approach, but my timelines load extremely fast. Catching up doesnt take too long

Not a huge app person but being able to get those few apps I want to work great feels like a relief. I will report back with an update.

You'll learn to hate static screens with icons in a week. You'll be back to WP soon. :D

If you don't like Ryan Seacrest you won't like iTunes. :lol:

Click to view quoted video

Honestly I hate it already, but overlooking it. Offers some great stuff. **** the map isn't bad either

A huge leap back at that.

Why?

Is iTunes still slow? How does it feel in the hand?

Yes. Slow as mud and horribly designed still....on the desktop. On the phone, they've done a great job. And it feels light, even with a case. If you like that, you'll love it. Hardware feels great and impressive, so I'm good. Only thing I don't like is the jack on the bottom for headphones.

Zune became bloated and slow, just like iTunes. I don't like either.
I agree with that as well. Was booting up last night and it took forever. Not sure why it has become painfully slow

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
To be honest, I wanted Instagram, chrome, and cinemagram. And then I started thinking about other things I could POSSIBLY want and didn't want to get so much later after people have moved on. That was my reasoning for switching. Loved my lumia and barely had problems, but having used my boyfriend's phone and seeing how fast everything is just made my decision. Having to load apps seems seamless so it's not a pain. There's no wait time. Using the Bing app feels like I never left windows lol. All of my decisions for choosing windows in the first place seem to be getting picked up by apple. Making a twitter or Facebook post from notification, Xbox music is coming, and all the integrated Microsoft features are mostly here. Not only that, I got a better google music app for my purchases I've made with android, I have nook AND kindle on ONE device, plus I'm discovering new items. I'd say I'm pretty happy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3