Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Wow. The one game that was worth bragging about being exclusive to WP. Pathetic.
    my sentiment exactly...

I used to find that annoying but I get it now. Xbox is the Microsoft entertainment service, by having it on all platforms they make their next console the definitive choice and the living room is where their next big battle is. Annoying for WP users but makes sense for Microsoft as a company.

Also, think about how much more attractive it will be for developers to make mobile Xbox games. This is a genius move in the big scheme of things but not everyone will be happy with it understandably.

The fact that it has achievements was the most interesting part to me. The Xbox integration was one of the selling points of windows phone to me, having that available on another platform makes it a bit less compelling.

Cool. I can play with actual friends now, lol. And folks need to lighten up and stop acting irrational about mobile games and apps.
    Thanked by:

I mean I can see why they did it, and it will be cool to crush all the noobs, but I feel kind of weird about it. I was playing wordament when seeing 200 people on it was considered huge. I would expect the amount of people playing is going to skyrocket.

If they do that with AlphaJax, that will be the end of Words With Friends.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Can someone explain what in the world Microsoft is thinking with releasing Wordament for iOS? This is one of those games I used to convince some of my friends when I explain about Windows Phone. It seems Microsoft is picking petals off a flower each day...."fight, don't fight, fight, don't fight,...." Grrrrr!!

mjr.mn/UWKS2d

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Because Microsoft gets it, unlike Google.
    Thanked by:
    budney 
    Tahiti Bob and brmiller1976 like this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    Nothing wrong with Microsoft doing this.

Hoepfully iOS and WP peeps can play together.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Microsoft is the open, user-friendly company.

Evil companies restrict users, play games with application availability, block new apps that would help end-users, break e-mail syncing, etc.

Microsoft's on the side of good. We should hope they keep being good, because that will win the day.

Consumers aren't stupid. When Apple tells them they cannot have a normal charger, but have to buy a $30 cable from Apple, they know that's evil. When Google tells them they cannot have their Gmail anymore unless they install a proprietary Gmail app on their iPhones, they know that's evil too. Eventually it gets to be too much, and more people join us in the light! :D

To me this sounds like a fantastic way for Microsoft to educate iPhone users.

They will learn about great applications that are originally clearly from Windows Phone due to the Windows UI (the art formerly known as Metro) and hopefully get intrigued enough to try one the next time they see one.
    Great move! Love the openiness. Now only if they can get hotmail, aka outlook.com to work with a MAC
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Global Posts
    2,578 Global Posts
    Outlook works great with a Mac. I use it on my MacBook Pro a couple of times a week.

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Yeah, I can understand why they did it but I'm just glad the dudes behind Wordament will get more exposure and we'll get more players i.e leaderboard competition :)

I wish they would have released the app, but without Xbox Achievements. They should have had the achievements (like other games that don't link with Xbox live) with a disclaimer that if they play the game on Windows 8 or Windows Phone, they could receive Xbox achievements.

Carrier: Verizon Wireless
    Phones: HTC 8X & HTC Trophy & Samsung Focus
    PC:Dell Studio XPS 1640

My app: Plant Guide

Spitfire 4.0, my HTC Imagio, rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaichuke View Post
    They will learn about great applications that are originally clearly from Windows Phone due to the Windows UI (the art formerly known as Metro) and hopefully get intrigued enough to try one the next time they see one.
    I believe the saying is, "why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?"

Carrier: Verizon Wireless
    Phones: HTC 8X & HTC Trophy & Samsung Focus
    PC:Dell Studio XPS 1640

My app: Plant Guide

Spitfire 4.0, my HTC Imagio, rest in peace.
    Banned

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    The two newset articles on wpcentral - zombies, run and wordement basically gave up WP. SERIOUSLY?

Global Posts
    681 Global Posts
    Yeah... Very unfortunate.

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    Yet life goes on...

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Mixed reactions on Wordament. On one hand, WP just lost an exclusive but on the other hand, we get to play with friends on iOS.
    Who cares. I've paid for an amazing phone that I enjoyed even before this move, I am still going to enjoy it. Microsoft can't tick me off so easy. It is a business and they are doing it right. I am a customer and enjoying my phone purchase like day 1. Happy days.

Global Posts
    2,528 Global Posts
    I agree about the Wordament thing being a mixed bag. On the one hand, WP really needs some "killer apps". That's what makes an OS a success, and if MS keeps porting our best apps to iOS and Android, our OS will never take off. Good OS's have failed because of the lack of exclusive, killer apps. Look at webOS. That was an excellent OS, but they never got an app that you couldn't get on another, bigger platform. I got my wife an iPhone for Christmas (gave it to her early) and she wasn't sure if she wanted to keep it, and one of the big reasons was she missed playing Wordament. Well, she is pretty happy this morning.

On the other hand, cross platform apps could also help WP grow. If people see that the game all their friends play with each other is also on Windows Phone, they won't feel like they will be left out of the fun by going with WP. I know I have personally considered leaving WP because I want to be part of the games my friends all play with each other and talk about.

So ya, Wordament is a mixed bag but Zombie Run! sucks.
    Thanked by:
    Alex Kj likes this.

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Whether iOS has Wordament or not, I can still play it, that's all that matters. But what I'm concerned about is that more efforts may go to updating the iOS version, since I believe there's a larger user base, and we may get left behind. That's NOT okay with me. Unless Wordament has a separate team working on the iOS version, I'm disappointed by the news.

On the other hand, I don't use RZR so it doesn't really concern me. No comments.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast