Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Beast of Haeven
  1.    #1  
    I like the iPhone 5 commercials, but to me the iPhone 5 never looks like an iPhone 5 in the commercial. In person the phone looks long and narrow, but in the commercials it looks more like the 4/4s form factor...is it just me??

Funny, I've felt the same way watching their commercials. The changes don't seem to translate in the ads.

Global Posts
    1,044 Global Posts
    Probably because there isn't enough of a change to see the difference. When I'm at the mall I sometimes play "spot the iPhone 5" and I can't do it. The styling cues between the 4/4S and 5 are too similar.
    My next phone...

Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal_planet View Post
    Probably because there isn't enough of a change to see the difference. When I'm at the mall I sometimes play "spot the iPhone 5" and I can't do it. The styling cues between the 4/4S and 5 are too similar.
    nah, if it's black bezeled, it's the slate and grey (or whatever they called it) version of iPhone 5. If it's whitish-silverish bezeled, its the white iPhone 5.
    The iPhone 4/S has a duller bezel compared to the iPhone 5. The iPhone 4 only has 1 antenna 'gap' at the bottom, while the 4S has two.

But if someone puts a case over their iPhone 4/S, I really can't differentiate.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jiayit View Post
    nah, if it's black bezeled, it's the slate and grey (or whatever they called it) version of iPhone 5. If it's whitish-silverish bezeled, its the white iPhone 5.
    The iPhone 4/S has a duller bezel compared to the iPhone 5. The iPhone 4 only has 1 antenna 'gap' at the bottom, while the 4S has two.

But if someone puts a case over their iPhone 4/S, I really can't differentiate.
    I agree I can spot an iPhone 5 a mile away, yet when I watch the commercials I'm a little confused...
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    1,222 Global Posts
    Plus the commercials insult the consumer in the know, telling us about features the iPhone 5 has like its new, yet phones have had that tech for years......panoramic shot and noise cancellation as a few examples
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by irvin792 View Post
    Plus the commercials insult the consumer in the know, telling us about features the iPhone 5 has like its new, yet phones have had that tech for years......panoramic shot and noise cancellation as a few examples
    That's not new apple has done that for a while now.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast of Haeven View Post
    That's not new apple has done that for a while now.
    I know, it just pisses me off lol