Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    1,066 Global Posts
    PIN
    No
    Not sure how many saw this but I found it interesting. The latest and the greatest iphone my not be that popular.

Associated Press

Global Posts
    2,912 Global Posts
    Saw it earlier. No big surprise here.

Apple is doomed if they don't come out with something fresh and innovative. You can only fool people for so long... In this case.. 6 years... :/

Not trying to be provocative... But what the **** is it with that damn phone? A friend bought one on launch day. I had a little go with it. I could have had longer, i just found it quite lame. He took it back a week later.

I have lost track of the number I have seen with cracks on the screen or case for the 3 & 4 models. I suppose once you go down the app route and start stocking up they have you hooked, but still.

However, I can cope with freedom of choice and all that so fair play. The one thing I can't stand, and it has bothered me since day one, is the way users stop using the word "phone" in some circumstances. It became "iphone" wherever possible. Listen closely, they all do it. I actually listened to a cluster of them (should that be an icluster?) all avoided using the word phone as much as possible.
    Own a Lumia 920 - in UK

Gamertag: peachy001

Global Posts
    2,546 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ttsoldier View Post
    Saw it earlier. No big surprise here.

Apple is doomed if they don't come out with something fresh and innovative. You can only fool people for so long... In this case.. 6 years... :/
    This, pretty much.

That said, the sky isn't falling on Apple in years anyways, but Nokia showed us before how fast can one go from the top to bottom if you stop innovating, which is what I see iPhone has stopped doing.

Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,523 Global Posts
    To start with, they need a bigger (not longer) screen and they have to get away from a stock, static screen with icons.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    1,444 Global Posts
    why is this in this forum?

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    iPhone 5.1gs will spur new demand. They'll change the color of the front button. A new must have innovation from Apple! Then 8,000 articles will be written to whether or not you should upgrade. I love reading those articles. It's like the old Windows 95 now on your 3.1 machine. Or XP on your Win 98. Or Win 7 on your XP. Or, well ... you get the picture.

Seriously though, it directly contrasts the Lumia 920 where Nokia has to ramp up demand because they did not order enough components.

<Iphone 5 lower demand than expected
    Does that make your phone working better?
    Quote Originally Posted by dkp23 View Post
    why is this in this forum?
    Merged and moved to another existing thread that is similar.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Hmmm, that could partially explain the 16 pt drop today. I personally liked their new phone, but agree its nothing new or exciting. Maybe its time to cut my last tie with aapl
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

The premium market is only so big.

If the rumors about the 5S only being different colour wise then I can see the stock dropping even further.

Global Posts
    2,912 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squire777 View Post
    If the rumors about the 5S only being different colour wise then I can see the stock dropping even further.
    Ya right. Fan boys will go crazy and Apple would be the "first company to have phones with different colours"

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    To start with, they need a bigger (not longer) screen and they have to get away from a stock, static screen with icons.
    That's why I'm. A windows fan. With Android you can have Dynamic backgrounds which isn't bad but I like the UI even more on wp8. Apple just doesn't do anything for me

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    Apple starting to decline coincides perfectly in timing with the rise of Blackberry back to the top! Oops, I meant to say WP8! Sowwy :o

Global Posts
    1,045 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by omniusovermind View Post
    Apple starting to decline coincides perfectly in timing with the rise of Blackberry back to the top! Oops, I meant to say WP8! Sowwy :o
    BB10 is generating buzz no doubt, but maybe you can temper your excitement until the devices actually launch.
    My next phone...
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal_planet View Post
    BB10 is generating buzz no doubt, but maybe you can temper your excitement until the devices actually launch.
    Sorry. I got caught up in the mood by the dozen or so exclamation marks in the thread title.
    :D

Apple shares trading at close to $440 today. Remember when they were over $700 and people thought that they would keep rising?

Apple has also lost a ton of market cap and is now valued less than Exxon in terms of market cap. I think they can go a lot lower as they don't have any big launches coming up any time soon.

Global Posts
    7,539 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squire777 View Post
    Apple shares trading at close to $440 today. Remember when they were over $700 and people thought that they would keep rising?
    Who thought this? I mean, I have no education in economy, but only based on common sense I thought always these shares are way too high, based on nothing (this company is selling phones and a few computers for god's sake, why should this be the most expensive company in the world?).

...the same with Facebook. What is wrong with these people? Do they just think everybody else is stupid and they can make money easily by doing dumb things?

There were forecasts from market analysts and brokers that Apple was going to keep rising - I don't have the articles but I'm sure you can google them. I think some even thought the shares would reach $1000 and Apple would be the first Trillion dollar company in terms of market cap.

Global Posts
    2,791 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chregu View Post
    Who thought this? I mean, I have no education in economy, but only based on common sense I thought always these shares are way too high, based on nothing (this company is selling phones and a few computers for god's sake, why should this be the most expensive company in the world?).

...the same with Facebook. What is wrong with these people? Do they just think everybody else is stupid and they can make money easily by doing dumb things?
    Yes, people are that stupid. How else do you explain the housing bubble? You're forgiven if you're not from the U.S.