iPad mini or iPod touch?

Sam Sabri

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey friends,

Although I write for Windows Phone Central and don't see any other OS being my main squeeze for a long time... just wanted to expand my horizon. I'm looking to pick up an iOS device sometime over the next few months. Mostly to stay up to date on what the competition can and can't do. Most start ups develop for iOS first, so it would be nice to try out their apps as well.
Should I get an iPad mini or an iPod touch?

Would love to hear your thoughts on this!

:)

PS. I am not leaving Windows Phone. #nofreakout

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Hands down iPad Mini. I still love my iPad2 even if it is mostly collecting dust after I got my Lumia 920. Even when I was CrackBerry addict I found the iPad to be a nice addition to My BB giving my a chance to explore all those apps. Now on WP8 I mainly miss TapaTalk.

But I could not see myself picking up an iPod. It is like it doesn't have anything extra to offer compared to the Lumia.

Sam Sabri

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Definitely leaning towards the iPad mini. Pardon my unfamiliarity, but it will run both iPhone and 'iPad' apps right? Just the iPhone apps get scaled up?

CHIP72

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I'd go with the iPad Mini just because the screen is a lot bigger and it doesn't really cost that much more than the iPod Touch.

sravanv

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Most do get scaled up. If you get the iPad mini you'll likely see "iPod Apps" vs. "iPad Apps".

Also I believe the scaled up for iPad version of apps generally have HD next to the title.

Now onto my suggestion.

iPad mini! I love mine, very easy to carry around with me and the form factor is great. Having said that, the only reason I selected that one over the Nexus 7 is because my car only allows me to connect iOS devices.

But yes, if your options or iPod or iPad...hands down iPad. You might want to wait for the one with retina display though ;-)

Dileu

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Writing this on an iPad Mini ;) it depends what you want it for, as ever. The iPod touch will give a more iPhone feel - a very close experience indeed. iPhone apps running on an iPad are pretty sucky. Having said that, the iPad mini is an awesome device. I guess it really depends on what completion you are looking to compare - phone or tablet? Against wp8 or w8/rt?

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
MS Surface :)... Don't be an iSheep. I understand you want a new OS, but IOS gets stale and boring fast. If anything, get an android tablet.

However, if I did have to choose, I'd get an iTouch, jailbreak it, and install the windows phone theme. That way, I get the best of both worlds.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
MS Surface :)... Don't be an iSheep. I understand you want a new OS, but IOS gets stale and boring fast. If anything, get an android tablet.

He specifically wants an iOS device. Not a Surface... Or an Android tablet (he gave his reasons for specifically iOS)

However, with that said, I'm leaning more towards the iPad Mini. If I weren't getting a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0, I would probably get an iPad Mini. As it stands though I can just use my 4th gen iPod Touch.

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
iPad Mini!

The iPod Touch is great too but I think if Apps is what you're leaning on then it'd be better on a larger screen :)

anon5664829

Banned
Mar 2, 2013
Visit site

However, if I did have to choose, I'd get an iTouch, jailbreak it, and install the windows phone theme. That way, I get the best of both worlds.

So if i have an Apple I am an isheep? nice generalisation.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos