- 05-06-2013, 06:44 PM #4
- 05-06-2013, 07:13 PM #9
05-06-2013, 07:23 PM #11
- 34 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
A feature I put to great use on my Android phone and even my old Sony Ericsson's that I would love for WP is profiles. Had a number of profiles defined on my Android which would activate at certain times so for example at 08:00am, a work profile would activate that would turn my volume down, WiFi, BT off and then at 05:00pm change to another profile with different settings. I really miss that feature on WP. It was nice to set up all my profiles one time and not have to worry about turning the phone down at night or switching off WiFi when I know I don't need it. Hopefully something like this comes to WP in future.
Another feature I miss from Android is decent data management. Lately my WP phone is using about 10 - 12mb a day and I don't know what is using that data. Have even recently scaled back using the phone during the day and removed some apps such as my RSS reader to try and work out what is using data. Had a great little app on Android that would break down by app and day and time what data is being used. Find it helpfull in micro manageing my data usage. I hope the current data management app on WP gets expanded to something similar. Personally would find it very useful.
Apart from that I am sure I could name lots of other things, some of which are obvious. The two mentioned are rated as a high priority on my wishlist.
- 05-06-2013, 10:57 PM #17
1. No separate ringtone/media volumes.
2. The message/email tones are present during a phone call (very weird)
3. Some experience a "stutter" of the ringtone when you answer the call.
4. Some also experience the phone altering the volume setting when powered on/off.
5. No custom message/email tones
6. Some ppl are complaining that callers can't hear them.
All of the above lets me know that there may be a general audio issue for Windows Phones. Hopefully there are nearby fixes.
- 05-06-2013, 11:35 PM #18Swift key, and separate volume controls.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
I think that the windows phone keyboard is on par or better than swift key. Swift key lags on some phones. Although windows phone should get a swype function, it helps people with disabilities.
Sent from my SGH-i677 using Foroplex Beta
- 05-07-2013, 07:48 AM #22
- Connectivity toggles
- Notification centre
(I'd be content with having just communication appear in here)
- Centralised (background) download system
- Global podcast support
(Previous point would allow third party apps to fill this gap)
- Ubiquitous 720p and "multitasking" support in apps
(Fast app switching, instant resume)
- Changing default apps
(WP8 has a basic system for PDFs and navigation which needs to be improved and expanded)
- Better editing interface for Office apps
(Third party solutions, even on BB10, do it better)
- Large overhaul of IE interface, one UI button does not cut it
- Free turn-by-turn, whether through native Maps or through Nokia releasing Drive worldwide
- 05-07-2013, 09:53 PM #25
- custom sound profiles
- disable sms toast on lockscreen option
- notification center
- facebook up until the beta... beta seems to be working solid so far
those things and I'd be beyond satisfied
- By gibbyhome in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 04-07-2012, 04:16 PM
- By jrdatrackstar1223 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 43Last Post: 03-02-2012, 05:48 PM
- By jdevenberg in forum Upcoming & Rumored Windows PhonesReplies: 9Last Post: 01-04-2012, 06:41 PM
- By HeyCori in forum HTC TITANReplies: 11Last Post: 12-16-2011, 12:27 PM