Wow Apple.....just wow.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I find hypocritical is that they are copying off of other operating systems, but suing folks for doing the same

Anyhow, love the look, but hate iPhone's battery life. Until then, rocking Android and possibly a 720

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Best thing about the presentation:

View attachment 35550

WP right on iOS's heels, leaving Andy waayy behind!!
Not really way behind. If anything, the correct interpretation would be iOS is ahead of WP and Android (and whatever that 4th OS is, BlackBerry, I think?)

Though, I'd say WP is really catching up. Who knew that an OS with a marketshare would put it in borderline niche territory would have a higher percentage of satisfied customers than a leading OS?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I find it funny how people are going on about how much this looks like WP. Sorry I don't see it. It may have similar features in some things but on the whole it's nothing like WP. It does have a whole bunch of features I would like to see implemented on WP I might add.

It reminds me more of Symbian and Android over WP.

Also that graph is rather amusing. To think that Android fans are only 4% less happy with their phones than WP and only 53% of WP are Very Satisfied. That's a very large percentage of just 'satisfied' or 'not satisfied' users (47%) goes to show that WP still has a long way to go.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I find it funny how people are going on about how much this looks like WP. Sorry I don't see it. It may have similar features in some things but on the whole it's nothing like WP. It does have a whole bunch of features I would like to see implemented on WP I might add.

It reminds me more of Symbian and Android over WP.

Also that graph is rather amusing. To think that Android fans are only 4% less happy with their phones than WP and only 53% of WP are Very Satisfied. That's a very large percentage of just 'satisfied' or 'not satisfied' users (47%) goes to show that WP still has a long way to go.
It has absolutely nothing in common with Windows Phone. Look hard enough and you'll start finding similarities between Angelina Jolie and Rosie O Donnell. People here are acting as if Microsoft invented thin typography. The truth of the matter is that we're going bat**** insane over leaked pictures of a notification center and weekly view in calendar, something that has been present in competing platforms for years.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm more concerned about the fact that iOS 7 gets the "control center" which is still absent from WP and might still be in the future. Quick access to WIFI, data, etc. switches is a must today (-> at least according to new WP users that came from Android), and now Apple has finally given in. Desperately hope WP 8.1 will get that, too or there won't be as many switchers from other platforms as we might like.

It's not just Android, even those of us who came over from Symbian find this lack of a 'control center' or 'notification center' rather confusing. The fact that Apple has brought this out before WP is an indication of its importance to users. WP should have had things like this from the beginning.

anon(5415472)

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't care less about the UI changes on both IOS and WP at this point all I want is my pureview EOS camera. That is what I call real mindblowing innovation.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
But that camera has been done before, over a year ago in 808 PureView. How will it be innovative now?

It's just the idea of having the best camera on WP, people seem to forget that Symbian even existed. Also I guess people just want 'one' device for everything. Personally I'm happy with the camera on the 920 for regular use but there are obviously people who feel the EOS is something they require. I personally see this as a bit niche but there seems to be a lot of interest in it.

John Balacano

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Apple really in my part copied the typography and the flat design of windows phone and those quick toggles and anything just borrowed from android but maybe apple is also thinking those quick toggles for wifi etc... a people to thing twice for jailbreaking but men I really love Windows Phone and the live apps its much more awesome on windows phone but here in my country almost all of people are fanboys probably thinks that iphone is 1st on making a flat design but its Windows Phone im just sad of that fact :(

do you agree guys?

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Apple really in my part copied the typography and the flat design of windows phone and those quick toggles and anything just borrowed from android but maybe apple is also thinking those quick toggles for wifi etc... a people to thing twice for jailbreaking but men I really love Windows Phone and the live apps its much more awesome on windows phone but here in my country almost all of people are fanboys probably thinks that iphone is 1st on making a flat design but its Windows Phone im just sad of that fact :(

do you agree guys?
Flat design has existed before Windows Phone; so yeah; disagreed.

Trappiste

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
iOS 7 is so utterly J. Ivy in the sense that it is somehow very naive and all over the place while being over-designed still -- a mess of ideas none of which have been throughly carried through. The icons are the worst: Just plain childish. And the new home screen, with that wallpaper, is the scariest thing I have seen. Oh my God. Just look at those colours, that mess of a grid.

iOS7 makes iOS 6 look elegant, almost classy. And iOS6 is neither elegant nor classy.

Lumio

May 16, 2013
Visit site
To me, iOS7 appears as a redefined WP8 with a beautiful background + aesthetic tweaks. It surely shows the fact that people started to love typography.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a hard time understanding the Apple hate personally. Are we just jealous of them getting things we don't have but should have had?

I honestly don't see anything wrong with the design. The wallpaper I'm sure can be changed or removed. The way the system works seems to be fluid and well thought out. I'm really trying to understand the hate. What am I missing? Is it simply because it's Apple?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa