A Windows Phone Fanboys Review of iOS 7 on the 5S

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
If you're a regular poster at any forum like WPC or iMore, you're a ******... otherwise you wouldn't be a regular poster on the forum.

Here's a twist on that statement; what if someone posts regularly on multiple forums? I use all 3 OS's (see my signature) and I regularly visit and post on WPCentral, AndroidCentral, and iMore. Am I a triple ******? :cool:

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Here's a twist on that statement; what if someone posts regularly on multiple forums?

Your signature says, "I have a Nexus 4, an iPhone 5, and a Lumia 520, and I like them all." Yes, you are a triple ******.

Ain't nuttin wrong wit dat.

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
What is skeuomorphic about an icon grid? I guess you might argue it is a metaphor for a display in an Orthodox church but I think that's pushing it.
Remember - the 'tile UI' is an openly skeuomorphic design. The clue is in the name.

That's not what I meant, sorry for the confusing way I phrased it. I was referring to OSes as a whole. Android and to a greater extent iOS were skeuomorphic, and (in terms of UI) they were little more than an icon grid. So I was saying the OSes were skeuomorphic, and also referring to them as icons grids. That's why I said WP never was a skeuomorphic icon grid, not that it never had a "skeuomorphic icon grid". I didn't mean the icon grid itself was skeuomorphic.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I didn't go there to instigate, only inform.

We know that. But look at the comments on this board and compare it to iMore. Same exact thread yet the level of rudeness is totally beyond any comprehension. One more thing (as Steve Jobs would say), they claim no censorship yet you posted a response mentioning the bizarreness of their superiority complex. Poof! It's gone along with a response by me. That is a scary site and I can't believe Mobile Nations tolerates that.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
We know that. But look at the comments on this board and compare it to iMore. Same exact thread yet the level of rudeness is totally beyond any comprehension. One more thing (as Steve Jobs would say), they claim no censorship yet you posted a response mentioning the bizarreness of their superiority complex. Poof! It's gone along with a response by me. That is a scary site and I can't believe Mobile Nations tolerates that.

You know, I think the Mobile Nations forums are like the companies they represent. Think about it:

iMore/Apple: very tightly controlled
WPCentral/Microsoft: ridicules the competition, validity of accusations are questionable at best
AndroidCentral/Android: wide open, anything goes

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I didn't go there to instigate, only inform.
What is wierd is I thought your post was ios7 positive. The responses on the whole were extremely defensive for no reason what so ever. I think there is possibly a little realization the iPhone may be a little stale. Changing up the UI is actually a good thing for iPhones, even if it is just a theme. In the end other platforms are coming out with 5in screen sizes, 41 megapixel cameras, yak yak yak, and apple comes out with on the surface the same phone. Makes fans defensive. I saw the same thing at crackberry.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
What is wierd is I thought your post was ios7 positive. The responses on the whole were extremely defensive for no reason what so ever. I think there is possibly a little realization the iPhone may be a little stale. Changing up the UI is actually a good thing for iPhones, even if it is just a theme. In the end other platforms are coming out with 5in screen sizes, 41 megapixel cameras, yak yak yak, and apple comes out with on the surface the same phone. Makes fans defensive. I saw the same thing at crackberry.

I agree, but there's no excuse for the treatment he got. Especially a moderator, he was the worst.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I agree, but there's no excuse for the treatment he got. Especially a moderator, he was the worst.

Totally ridiculous. I posted a while back how good the WP mods were. I think the main job of a mod is to be unseen for the most part, but kind of stoke the fire on occasion to get some discussion. The mod in this case seemed burned out or drunk or something. Also, I think imore has been getting alot of trolls as of lately.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills