Very unimpressed by iOS 8...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyCraken

May 6, 2014
Visit site
I am watching WWDC 2014 live and I must say, I really expected Apple to pull a bigger refresh... same with OS X Yosemite... please share your ideas :)

wpfanboy17

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Many of the new features are a copy of 3 party apps/other OS (swiftkey, mic option in message, ability to send video and voice messages,...)

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Many of the new features are a copy of 3 party apps/other OS (swiftkey, mic option in message, ability to send video and voice messages,...)

Word flow is a copy of Swype. Cortana isn't an original idea either. Action center, notification center....I can go on and on

bahnhof

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
iOS 8 actually has a lot of new features. They're doing a nice job keeping things well-integrated. Microsoft has to speed things up.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
iOS 8 just blew WP8.1 out of the water and I'm a MS fan.
Be real man, iOS8 is HUGE

Lol what? The biggest thing that I hear people talking about is predictive text. PREDICTIVE TEXT. My 3 year old Android had that. Its a solid update, no doubt, but nothing very impressive.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Actionable notification center is nice. Wanted that since I saw Blackberry's actionable Toast Notifications. Couldn't watch the live feed, ill have to catch up on the rest later. Just breezed imore quick.

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
iOS 8 actually has a lot of new features. They're doing a nice job keeping things well-integrated. Microsoft has to speed things up.

Exactly. This conference just cemented the fact that WP team moves at a really slow pace. Apple could achieve this much in a year. WP took 2 years to get WP8.1 out and it's still playing catch up. Sigh

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Lol what? The biggest thing that I hear people talking about is predictive text. PREDICTIVE TEXT. My 3 year old Android had that. Its a solid update, no doubt, but nothing very impressive.

What's impressive about WP8.1 (Genuine question) cause most of the features(all of them actually) are available on other OSes.
I love WP very much, but you have to be realistic. iOS8 is really great

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Exactly. This conference just cemented the fact that WP team moves at a really slow pace. Apple could achieve this much in a year. WP took 2 years to get WP8.1 out and it's still playing catch up. Sigh

You realize the lifespan from WP7 to 8.1 versus iOS, right?? Give them a little more credit than that. ;)

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
The problem is, Microsoft won't do anything about speeding up anything. If WP was stacking paper maybe. If its market share wasn't staring down the barrel of a 94 percent split between IOS and android they might be encouraged to move quicker.

Ivin Laney

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
The continuity sold me. I am going to love being able to respond to text messages, recieve phone calls, and pick up right where I was on my iMac, iPhone, or iPad. IMO it completly blows MS integration out of the water. I'm very curious to see how Google responds and am somewhat disappointed the all of MS's cards are showing. Just when they finally catch up, Apple makes me want to go full on iOS.

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Photo folder in messages is pretty cool. Quick action in notification center is cool as well. The location and mute thread feature we have already. Apple is doing a good job. I'll still be with windows 8.1.

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Meh - tried to use OSX - not into it. The end all / be all will be later this year when MS unveils Threshold - If it allows actionable live tiles (RE: widgets) to be pinned to desktop, and apps play across desktop ->tablet ->phone, and app stores are merged, etc - that will be the big kicker. The apps need to scale across devices, and sync. Right now, I feel IOS8 looks ok, but meh......those home screens are boring to me

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
But, like clockwork, they roll out once a year, and about 90% of apples mobile device users get the latest and greatest IOS should they choose to install it. Nice.

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I will say I was impressed by iOS 8. I may be digging up the ol' 5c and definitely checking it out. Actionable notifications is the one thing that really caught my eye as well as a few other small details. I'll have to take another look at all the features of it, as I was just glancing through at iMore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills