I have some sad news

Status
Not open for further replies.

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I look at it this way, Windows Phone 8.1 is the 2015 Chrysler 200. It now puts it on par with all the mid size sedans. All car manufacturers mid size sedans right now are perfectly good cars- from a Camry to a Malibu. There are a few things here and there that one may offer over the other but for the most part because of competition they all are good. I feel the same way about Kit Kat, iOS7 and now WP8.1 All 3 are good phone operating systems. There may be some app issues but for the most part you can't go wrong with any of them.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
And I was afraid something really sad has happened.

Enjoy your new phone.

iOS is incredibly bland and lacking in functionality. It's not bad, just basic. This is clearly desirable to the average person, but for anyone who needs more from their phone than the basic working environment of IOS, there's android and WP to an extent.

I wonder about the missing functions of iOS though...

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm still missing a few apps that could help me at work! We do have apps but most are in beta.....at least the good ones! In IOS and android there in beta for maybe a month then official release! For WP , if it comes, comes out in beta......and stays in beta....sucks! Not all site are set up for mobile hence an app! We buy phones to see if they work for us whether it be size ,os,ecosystem etc! At what market share will devs and consumers really start taking WP seriously?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm still missing a few apps that could help me at work! We do have apps but most are in beta.....at least the good ones! In IOS and android there in beta for maybe a month then official release! For WP , if it comes, comes out in beta......and stays in beta....sucks! Not all site are set up for mobile hence an app! We buy phones to see if they work for us whether it be size ,os,ecosystem etc! At what market share will devs and consumers really start taking WP seriously?

10% probably.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
No doubt Separate But Equal type developers has not given their best effort when it comes to building apps for WP. TuneIn Radio is a prime example. They don't even plan to do better. The other platforms have a paid version but WP still doesn't. And the last time this app was updated was December 2013. It drops connection. Frequent restarts and clipping all day long and because it is free, TuneIn isn't motivated in the slightest to do better. They could do a better job but many are flat out lazy and it shows on the platform. So OP your news isn't sad. Toy apps like snapchat are simply not that important to spend money in a new platform for me. What is sad is that snap chat is worth anyone forking over the money in a new platform to use it. I gotta believe there is more to this story but its all about you. My friends would have to get over themselves. Fortunately, my friends are all adults. :)

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I could not agree more. It is frustrating to see adults wanting and acting as teenagers. Like I said before if you life depend of a chatty app to choose a phone platform you have issue.
No doubt Separate But Equal type developers has not given their best effort when it comes to building apps for WP. TuneIn Radio is a prime example. They don't even plan to do better. The other platforms have a paid version but WP still doesn't. And the last time this app was updated was December 2013. It drops connection. Frequent restarts and clipping all day long and because it is free, TuneIn isn't motivated in the slightest to do better. They could do a better job but many are flat out lazy and it shows on the platform. So OP your news isn't sad. Toy apps like snapchat are simply not that important to spend money in a new platform for me. What is sad is that snap chat is worth anyone forking over the money in a new platform to use it. I gotta believe there is more to this story but its all about you. My friends would have to get over themselves. Fortunately, my friends are all adults. :)

boothes18

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Should a person buy a phone for its apps or functionalities [performance and/or quality]? :confused::confused:
I've been dying to ask this question to many in the blogosphere and to those like boothes18. I respect and understand some of your frustrations, but if you are going to choose a phone for its apps I have an old clunked Samsung phone in my drawer that I am selling for $10 bucks. I totally understand a teen that is looking for apps like Snapchat, Whatsapp, Instagram and others just like it, the need to keep the status and silly communication all its "friends" are using to be on the hip. But, something that grim my gears its to hear and adult acting like a kid, judging a phone for its apps. If apps is what are you looking for get an iPhone 4, Galaxy 2 or 3. If you want to try other phone for what it offers then I don't have any issue with that I've done it but at the end always came back to WP.

I've been with the WP platform since 2011. I survived WP7 (that's when the app situation was really bad!) and when I migrated to my 928 everything was wonderful! I hate to judge a phone by its apps but certain apps makes a phone what it is. And I hate to admit it but apple does make quality products. While it might be interesting going from the Windows Phone flagship to a "cheaper" iphone, I trust that everything will work out. And if it doesn't, Icon will be ready to resume duties.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077