Apple has got some 'splainin' to do...

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
This Ars Technica article discusses code in Apple's iPhone OS that can have no other purpose but to collect data on users.

Undocumented iOS functions allow monitoring of personal data, expert says | Ars Technica

Yes, I'd like to see this guy do some dissection on Android and WP, but this is damning. I know there are a lot of users who think that since everything about them is out there anyway, they've surrendered the field concerning their privacy. We trust our device and service providers with so much, but they are not bound by law to keep my information private, the way a lawyer or doctor is required to do.

Where are you on this? I couldn't care less? OR Geez, there's no way in hell I'd by an iPhone now?

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
This Ars Technica article discusses code in Apple's iPhone OS that can have no other purpose but to collect data on users.

Undocumented iOS functions allow monitoring of personal data, expert says | Ars Technica

Yes, I'd like to see this guy do some dissection on Android and WP, but this is damning. I know there are a lot of users who think that since everything about them is out there anyway, they've surrendered the field concerning their privacy. We trust our device and service providers with so much, but they are not bound by law to keep my information private, the way a lawyer or doctor is required to do.

Where are you on this? I couldn't care less? OR Geez, there's no way in hell I'd by an iPhone now?

It's over on El Reg as well, which where I first found out about it: Hidden network packet sniffer in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert • The Register

Apple claim it's for "diagnostic purposes"...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos