Revolutionary New Features! Watching the LiveBlog...

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Fair enough , however you are incorrect in saying it is impossible for WP to make NFC Payments :grin: and is solely dependent on AT&T, Verizon & T-mobile's collaborative group. That is only true for the US not the rest of the world otherwise Orange wouldn't have been able to roll this out back in 2011, if you don't believe me watch Joe belfiore's key note (20:00 to 26:00).

Windows Phone Summit | Channel 9

Contactless Technology for your Mobile with Orange | Store-Orange

Fair enough as you have first hand experience in regards to NFC tap to pay, however like I said it varies from implementation to implementation hence some require physical contact others need to be very close but not touching. The current implementation that is widely in use in the UK is Visa's "contactless" payment system. Which requires you to touch the reader & hold until authentication completes.

Also I have been following this since I heard rumours of the citi bank trial, as I said previously NFC payment tech has been around 4+ years and the adoption rate has been very slow.

Citi launches NFC payments pilot in India - Mobile Commerce Daily - Payments

It won't be anymore thanks to Apple.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
It won't be anymore thanks to Apple.

If anything it would be speed up the adoption rate from carriers, as they wouldn't risk alienating customers that don't use iphones. The only thing that carriers care about is their bottom line. The easiest way to see your profits plummet is to alienate a section of users whilst pandering to another segment of users.

Has it ever actually happened?
Yeah, I had an inkling you'd disregard everything I said and respond back with a obscure response hah :grin:.

StephanW

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Anyone willing to buy my 1320? I don't want it anymore. I've started a hate against it because apps are slow and not what they are on the iPad and iPhone.

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Anyone willing to buy my 1320? I don't want it anymore. I've started a hate against it because apps are slow and not what they are on the iPad and iPhone.

I'll give you $60 for it, or $100 in iTunes credit since you love that eco so much. Also, this isn't the right forum to post things for sale.

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Guys, you are leaving out the most revolutionary feature of the iPhone. Its the worlds first flexable phone. Well, it flexes one way, when you have it in your front pocket, when you sit. Then magically does NOT bend back. great engineering! But hey, it just works.

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It's a shame that the lazy media won't point out that those features are just playing catch up to what other phones already have. They are too scared of causing the stock price to dip so they continue to make up all of this crap about how great Apple is.

Yeah, I believe part of the Kool-Aid a ton of tech reporters are drinking involves ownership of APPL shares.

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
It's a shame that the lazy media won't point out that those features are just playing catch up to what other phones already have. They are too scared of causing the stock price to dip so they continue to make up all of this crap about how great Apple is.

Yeah, I believe part of the Kool-Aid a ton of tech reporters are drinking involves ownership of APPL shares.

Guys, you are leaving out the most revolutionary feature of the iPhone. Its the worlds first flexable phone. Well, it flexes one way, when you have it in your front pocket, when you sit. Then magically does NOT bend back. great engineering! But hey, it just works.

Take that, Samsung! Samsung tipped to reveal Galaxy Note 4 with curved screen and Gear Glass at IFA 2014 | Android Central samsung-galaxy-round-02.jpg

LEHUY

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site

Steve Adams

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site

No, they won't slam apple because apple pays off the media for hype and exposure. How come CNN and other major news outlets have so much coverage of such a petty thing like an iPhone when there are such more important things happening. Why? because the apple corporations pay them off. That is the reason there are not half hour segments on the new offerings from Nokia/Windows or other companies. Just use your head and think. Its all media and propaganda with apple. Next year on iPhone release day all anchors on the news channels will be required to wear black turtle necks and jeans, with glasses.

Witness

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Even though I don't use many Apple things, I should have bought in at $92. It's trading at $104 today and as long as the media et al continue to hype the brand, you may as well cash in on it and buy the next flagship Lumia.

On a side note, I caught Good Morning America the other day on TV and they show the performing artist's album cover by way of an iPhone's music app. It's hilarious smh, but I completely understand why they do it. The iPhone is for casuals like the Wii was, and although some more advanced users who want more out of their phones slam it, it did bring in a mass of new (filthy casuals-lol) gamers for the industry.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss