I'm attracted to the iPhone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I know this thread has turned into an iPhone hate-fest, but really it could be about any phone that's not made by Microsoft. You guys hate everything that's not a Windows Phone, and I really don't understand why.

It should be pretty easy to understand. It is the same emotion-based behavior that compels you and several others who *dislike* Windows Phone to come in and repeatedly express your distaste in a Windows Phone forum. Who cares if some Windows Phone fans are overzealous? You aren't going to change their behavior and you certainly aren't going to save them from themselves. Making comments in support of iPhone makes a lot of sense if you are an iPhone supporter, but the digression to peck at WP Central posters is a tired old nag of a post that unfortunately is seen too often in tech forums.

For the record, I am also generally attracted to the iPhone 6 Plus, but there's a lot of bezel there.

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I might consider the iPhone if it had live tiles. WP still looks better, but the Audible app's bugginess drives me crazy on a daily basis. But whenever I look at that information-void grid of icons, I feel shut out of all my information. I don't want to have to deal with an NC, where you have to choose between an overly cluttered jumble of notifications, mixing those you care about right now with those you don't, or not having notifications at all for the apps you sometimes care about. On live tiles, you just look at the tiles with the updates you are currently interested in. You don't have to clear the NC 10x per day. The aggravation of tending an NC is worse than the Audible bugs on WP, so I'll stick with WP.

The other thing I like about the iPhone is that it has a great app selection. I know lots of people choose Android over WP because of apps, but frankly iOS makes Android look like WP in that respect. In fact, of the apps I use on my iPad, most aren't even available on Android anyway, so for me, Android is out of the question, with no live tiles and also missing tons of the apps I want. So iOS is where it's at if you want apps.

technogeek019

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I also like iphones in general but i cannot justify its price which out of the world (i sort of feel like the software is worth that money not the hardware), Camera is good, user experience is the best and i liked that it was compact, i sorta hate the sides of that iphone 6 but since i am a budget buyer i just want an iphone like experience. WP8/WP8.1 is that option cheaper phones and greater value.Plus i absolutely hate how apple says what every they do is "innovation" but atleast they are not as half-assed as samsung (not getting the fingerprint sensor and heart rate monitor right and countless budget phones, gimmicky features) Apple does get things which they do right most of the time (cell reception, easily scratchable back way to go apple).
Iphones - software is good, price sucks, value is okay
Andriod - Hardware is good (except samsungs and budgets), price good, value is okay to not so great (except Motorolas ) Actually i seem to only like that Moto X
Windows Phone - Best of Both Worlds, price is good , value is pretty good (lumia 620) but i sorta hate how the apps are not geting optimized for WP8.1 though

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
"Deep hatred of iTunes on windows" is my sentiment exactly. It is so hard to manage a music collection on iphones and iTunes.
Love Drag and Drop = Done.

leo74

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I know this thread has turned into an iPhone hate-fest, but really it could be about any phone that's not made by Microsoft. You guys hate everything that's not a Windows Phone, and I really don't understand why. People love their iPhones, and Apple must be doing something right because profits from the iPhone alone are higher than all of Microsoft's worth

In case you forgot, this is a windows phone centered site. Guess what would happen if I post my love for the Lumia 1520 in an iPhone forum? Yep, exactly the same. Just as Apple fans hate everything not Apple and Android fans hate everything not Android, WP fans hate everything no WP, at least the diehard fans of either side do. It really is not that hard to understand. The good news is that there is a site for every single flavor of vendor. So instead of complaining about the obvious, why not just post in an iPhone forum?

OwenDL

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I've used multiple iPhones and used an iPod as my primary music player until I got my Icon, and all I can say is I am SO happy to be away from iTunes. I hated everything about it.

Seems to me like alot of people who don't want to put thought into their phones buy iPhones. Even if a phone came out that was massively superior to the newest iPhone, alot of people would still just stick with Apple because of the name.

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
There's nothing there that honestly make me want to go back to an iPhone. Sure, the phone's bigger...but the layout is still the same. That's why I gave my mom my 5c when I began to use my L920 as my daily driver. iOS is smooth like butter, but I don't like the UI. It feels stale and at times too cluttered--swiping down for notification center, swiping up for control panel, swiping down on the home page to search...it's like it tries to do too much since iOS 7.

I will say that the iPhone 6 looks gorgeous (kinda like a L925, but I'll leave that determination up to you), but I don't believe that it has enough to make me get it. Besides, I'm happy with "The Hulk" 1520 I'm sporting.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Who brought the touch-screen-phone era? And rip-off, let me think who's the first car manufactorer with 4 wheels, all of the rest would be shameless ripoffs. Because of NFC? Because of the larger screen?

I've just recently switched from my iPhone 4S to the 1320 and the only reason I did it was money. I thought the iPhone is too expensive. But now I've had the 1320 a while, god please, have mercy. I would crawl back to Apple and get that iPhone just because of user friendliness. (You may need a dictionary for that with a Windows Phone)
Well too bad, you are just FORCED to keep using that 1320! If only there was a way to buy another phone. Oh well, maybe one day.

snowwake8

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I'll be honest. Beginning of 2014 (February) I switched from windows phone to an Iphone 5s and for the first few weeks I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. I had a constant hard on from the plethora of apps and games. It was fun playing with a new device all together. But once that initial excitement went away I was longing for the stuff I originally went to windows phone for. Seamless interface of all my MSFT products (one note, one drive, Xbox, office, etc.). To make a long story short less than 30 days later I was back on my Lumia 928. And then 2 weeks later I got updated to 8.1 and the rest is history.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Hm............
Somebody must put him out of his missery.....................

If you realy thinks that the Iphone 6 is the answer for you, then thats the way you should go.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
This thread seems to have no purpose yet continues.
Thanks to everyone for your input
Please take time to enjoy one of the other iPhone threads.

This one is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)