Apple Pay probably won't make much of a difference in the market

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
I think Apple Pay will catch on if only in the Apple world and it's a large world. Good, bad or whatever, Apple drives the market in a lot of areas. I prefer to use good old paper money but I'm a bit older than most here.

It will be interesting to see what happens. If Apple maintains their use base with people moving to the newer iPhone 6's, I think it will catch on big time.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/retai...rm-apple-pay-194938871--sector.html?.tsrc=sun

I found this an interesting read. I was hoping that NFC might finally catch on, but even Best Buy said they have no plans to implement it.

This is just for the US market which is conservative (as in none progressive at all) in their payment methods (chip and pin still doesn't exist in USA even if it's been out for years worldwide)

If I were to compare this from USA to Canada. I can see Apple Pay being useful, a majority of the major brands here in Canada support NFC payments so Apple Pay will work. It might not work in the US just because it's still easier to swipe a card than do 5 steps to enable Apple Pay (I don't know how many steps but I know it's more than 2...)

phelme

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
The MCX consortium is starting to push back. This was expected. The under informed iPhone user ("What's CurrentC??") is having a tough time with it. :wink:

ZackTheNever

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Absolutely agreed...Apple can change a lot by there exclusiveness,but I feel that this tech is gonna be run right past to something greater.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss