iPhone 4s - worth to buy?

tajson

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi!
I'm going to sell my L820 because I got bored. Of course, I want to buy other Windows Phone, but one of the requirement is Snapchat. As you probably well know - now we don't have any appliacton for snapchat in store! :( I am very sad. Especially, that isn't going to appear any snapchat application. I don't like Android and I'd buy it with great pain. So the choice fell on iOS. My budget allows me only on iPhone 4s. But I have some concerns.... 4s is very old (2011) and the specification isn't amazing nowadays. The only good thing is the OS. And I have question to you... Should I buy 4s? In Poland used 4s costs about 600PLN (it's about 172$). How it will be later with sale? Is the demand on 4s or I will have problems with selling it in future?

Thanks in advance for answers.

mathsisbest

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone 4s is a downgrade from the Lumia 820. At least get the iPhone 5. If you want an android get the Moto G as it is a great budget phone.

tajson

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm... as we are talking about Android... what phones with green robot are you recommending?

I don't like Moto G design :(

plot_almighty

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I agree with the above comment regarding the 4S. It's no longer able to get updates and some people have had issues regarding iOS 7. I can't remember what issues but at least the iPhone 5/5C will get iOS 9 next year.

As for reselling the thing, its only going to go down in price as there's not really a demand for it any more. You would lose money on it the longer you wait to resell it.

Edit- Speaking of the 5C, it at least has the polycarbonate look and feel of the Lumia line, so in that sense it would make for a better replacement transition wise than the glass/metal feel of Apples other phones.

mathsisbest

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Since you're on a budget, there are few good androids and several great Lumias. Only good budget android is the Moto G. But your Lumia 820 is better than that.

tajson

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Mmmm, I understand. So I have no way... I must buy Android :(((

I have about 172-190$. All through this snapchat -.- If it is avaliable on WP it would not be problem.

plot_almighty

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Mmmm, I understand. So I have no way... I must buy Android :(((

I have about 172-190$.

If you feel an iPhone 5/5C is out of your price range, then keep in mind that secondary market Samsung Galaxy phones do make decent replacements. You could possibly get an S3, S4, or Note 2 in that price range. With the added benefit of of using a Windows 8 launcher to replace the TouchWiz interface.

mathsisbest

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Not when it has the latest software, isn't that the "windows way"? Our phones don't need the best hardware and they still run great is all i ever hear....

Not sure, but is iPhone 4s getting iOS9? All Windows phone are getting windows 10 (I think). I think you'll find that the older iPhone models DO lag, even more so with the latest software.

tigrucat

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
HTC One M8 and LG G3 are widely regarded as the best Android Phones out right now - best to wait until the next versions are announced as you should save some money. Apple and Samsung are the most popular brands and have the biggest marketing budgets but are not the best in terms of the complete package you are getting for your money. Sony are overpriced and models get superseded every 6 months.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
HTC One M8 and LG G3 are widely regarded as the best Android Phones out right now - best to wait until the next versions are announced as you should save some money. Apple and Samsung are the most popular brands and have the biggest marketing budgets but are not the best in terms of the complete package you are getting for your money. Sony are overpriced and models get superseded every 6 months.

The OP's budget preclude either of those devices. The G Pro is on KitKat and can be had in his price range.

What about a BlackBerry Z10? Same screen size and can sideload Android apps. Rumour has it that all BB OS10 devices will be getting version 10.3 in early 2015.

mathsisbest

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
The OP's budget preclude either of those devices. The G Pro is on KitKat and can be had in his price range.

What about a BlackBerry Z10? Same screen size and can sideload Android apps. Rumour has it that all BB OS10 devices will be getting version 10.3 in early 2015.

The quote says to wait till newer models of the HTC one M8 and LG G3 come out. That will lower prices, but probably not to such a low level. However, that quote was relevant so if OP can wait, then there may be bargains/deals coming soon.

The BlackBerry z10 is a good addition to the thread as it can be bought cheaply and was a flagship with good specs.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The quote says to wait till newer models of the HTC one M8 and LG G3 come out. That will lower prices, but probably not to such a low level. However, that quote was relevant so if OP can wait, then there may be bargains/deals coming soon.

The BlackBerry z10 is a good addition to the thread as it can be bought cheaply and was a flagship with good specs.

Considering the G2 is still a little over $200, I doubt the G3 will be in his budget range anytime soon. I mentioned the BB as an option because the OP stated a general reluctance toward Android devices yet most of the replies have been advocating for Androids.

tajson

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I had Blackberry Bold 9900 (?) and I don't like it, OS is horrible. Design and the brand doesn't appeal to me. I prefer of it all Android. I came to conclusion that 4s isn't good choice. My money allows me to buy Sony Xperia Z and Galaxy S3 yet. What about these? I admit that I'm tempted Xperia Z,

Sorry if I'm making mistakes in English :smile:

mathsisbest

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I had Blackberry Bold 9900 (?) and I don't like it, OS is horrible. Design and the brand doesn't appeal to me. I prefer of it all Android. I came to conclusion that 4s isn't good choice. My money allows me to buy Sony Xperia Z and Galaxy S3 yet. What about these? I admit that I'm tempted Xperia Z,

Sorry if I'm making mistakes in English :smile:

I'd go for the Sony xperia Z

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3