Advantages of Windows for a iOS user?

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
My wife has the Moto X 2014 Pure Edition, and I have the Nexus 6. They're quite similar except for the size. One other major difference is that the Nexus 6 has wireless charging. Other than that, it's pretty much up to which screen size you prefer, 5.2" or 6". The form is pretty much identical.

I'm curious what issues you're having and what's causing the instability. I have both the 2012 & 2013 versions, and both are rock solid. The 2012 is rather slow, but that's a known issue from Day 1. It works fine and is very stable. Do you have the 2012 version or the 2013 version? What OS version is installed? Is it stock?

How do you like the Nexus 6? im actualy thinking of getting that when its in stock. I heard there may be burn in issues

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna go ahead and post my immediate response without reading through all the opinions. If you like Windows for gaming and you already have a desktop for that then stick with the desktop for Windows and go with a MacBook for your laptop they are absolutely amazing! Then at least that way you'll have both major desktop OSs to play around with.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
How do you like the Nexus 6? im actualy thinking of getting that when its in stock. I heard there may be burn in issues

There's a thread on Android Central about satisfaction with the Nexus 6, and I posted something like this:

"Here are the things I don't like about the Nexus 6:

Other than that, I have no complaints!"

In reality though, I do have one complaint. It's how it spins around when it's sitting on a table or desk and I try to use it. The back is rounded, and the phone moves very easily. However, this is a very minor issue. The same form factor that causes it to do that also makes it feel much smaller in the hand than it actually is. The 1520 feels big compared to the Nexus 6, even though they have the same screen size.

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
So I actualy went ahead and purchased a 6 Plus. Honestly, theres just things about ios I like more than the other OS's. while I probaly like the look of Windows Phone more, the app situation is a deal breaker for me. I also like the customizability of android, but its too scattered and lacks polish. So iOS honestly has the least amount of deal breakers. Although it can be limiting, I find that its app ecosyestem and polish make up for it. If WP can deal with the app situation, then ill consider it again, but right now its a no go.

Heres hoping that the iphone choice wont conflict with any future Windows purchases though.

Ali Collins

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
If you're talking Windows Phone vs iPhone, I've just made the switch recently.

WP seems to be faster and I much prefer the tile interface. Also the battery life is generally a day longer than my old iPhone 3GS. Only negative is that iOS is a little faster when playing music.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon