How can UWP succeed?

cr_buck

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I would like to know how you can see UWP succeeding when Microsoft is not giving developers a reason to prefer UWP over legacy programs or even web based access. Even Microsoft's own efforts show more energy directed to apps other platforms over their own platform. Microsoft has done little to expand their tutorials for developing UWP using Xamarin and instead continues the focus on Android and iOS while touting the ability to create cross platform apps. For developers, they seem to point you to other platforms which makes it hard to see a need for UWP.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I would like to know how you can see UWP succeeding when Microsoft is not giving developers a reason to prefer UWP over legacy programs or even web based access. Even Microsoft's own efforts show more energy directed to apps other platforms over their own platform. Microsoft has done little to expand their tutorials for developing UWP using Xamarin and instead continues the focus on Android and iOS while touting the ability to create cross platform apps. For developers, they seem to point you to other platforms which makes it hard to see a need for UWP.

That is a really good question, personally I'm waiting for Build 2017 and I imagine many others are doing the same.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb