High RAM usage by facebook.com

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Is it normal for facebook.com to use so much RAM when using a pc browser?

I tried both edge browser and firefox - both updated to the latest versions

RAM usage on both just kept increasing - about 50MB per minute of use. It reached 1.2GB after some time and I had to close the browser to just clear the RAM

Is that normal? Or is that how Facebook works on pc? It's RAM usage is so massive

Josiah23

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I have gotten a CRAZY amount of RAM using Facebook on my PC before...

but... this was when I was scrolling through my profile to find a specific post from a few years back (2012 I think) this took quite some time to find it but when I finally got there, Facebook and Chrome were using about 10-11GB of my 16GB of my RAM and a lot of CPU utilization (Intel Core i5 at the time), which is extremely rare for my PC.

The page was starting to constantly freeze on me and it'll be super unresponsive. I never had this problem just scrolling through feed though (as I'm not on Facebook for very long before leaving it) but Facebook is known for using quite a lot of phone RAM and I wouldn't be surprised if it did the same on PC just going through normal feed.

YeahRrright

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I have SP4 i7 16GB and facebook page on edge can get so unresponsive and laggy I have to restart the entire PC... The app is not better, cause videos don't play there, they would start playing, then stop and buffer and then behave strangely, even though on WiFi with 50Gb speed. All in all, FB is making a very poor job of developing stuff for windows. Also, on mobile, both on Lumia 950xl and 1520 I cant rate Facebook or Messenger cause it says not enough RAM (has to be 2) which both phones have, but store app doesn't seem to recognise it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte