I Have Windows 8.1 RT how i download Nokia Suite

W

WPCentral Question

I wanna Revert Nokia Lumia 920 from wp8.1 to 8.0 because Lumia 920 already have low battery life and after I update it to wp8.1 DP it decrease even more. I use to get 5 to 6 hour on full use now I get Hardly 2 hours and Background task of every app is off only messaging app are running in background. so how can I revert my phone from Wp 8.1 developers preview to 8.0? Cant live with 2 hour battery life. thanks except Battery problem I think Wp 8.1 DP is great its just amazing but I need battery.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey guest welcome to wpcentral forums :)
You can not download Nokia suite / recovery tool oar any other software except apps downloaded from windows store on RT tablets. You need a desktop PC/laptop machine to downgrade your lumia 920 to windows phone 8.0

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering, have you done a hard reset first?

worth noting that 5-6 hours is no way normal. Bad-meh-normal battery life is ~10-20+ hours. Something must've been wrong with your 920 to begin with.
Have you contacted Nokia? Your battery might be defective.

But anyways, you cannot use Nokia's tools or many other on RT. You will need an actual computer.

There was a thread somewhere, I cannot remember the procedure as I haven't looked at it, but I believe someone can link you.

BilalSoomro17

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

worth noting that 5-6 hours is no way normal. Bad-meh-normal battery life is ~10-20+ hours. Something must've been wrong with your 920 to begin with.

But anyways, you cannot use Nokia's tools or many other on RT. You will need an actual computer.

There was a thread somewhere, I cannot remember the procedure as I haven't looked at it, but I believe someone can link you.
No I haven't but I just don't put it down for a second all day. I just keep using it and using it

BilalSoomro17

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

I Do Think Its Defected because even with WP 8 it can't give 5 to 6 hours anymore

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure you can 'downgrade' if you reinstall your phone. Not really sure, but you do lose the Developer Preview when resetting.

When you factory reset such a phone, you do not erase the Developer Preview. You may have been unenrolled until the DP app is reinstalled and set up, but 8.1 does not go away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss