Unable to view pictures synced to OneDrive since Update 2 to WP8.1 Dev Preview

DarrenSproat

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey all, I have an annoying thing happening ever since the update early in June (the 2nd ish). I take a lot of photos with my Lumia 1020 and they all sync automatically to OneDrive. The problem is, ever since the update on June 2nd (or 3rd), the pictures that have synced to OneDrive just appear as grey tiles. If I click to open them from the OneDrive folder in Pictures Hub, I end up with a black screen... If I attempt to view them through the OneDrive app more or less the same happens.
It's worthy to note that I can't even see photos shared by others on my OneDrive since that date. For example, my wife shared several photos to our Family Room (which is shared from my OneDrive) and the same grey tile appears.
On the other hand, several of my friends share files and photos in another WP Room that is shared from one of their OneDrives (they have not yet updated to that update on June 2nd) and I am able to view those files as expected.
I've also noticed my live tiles for WPCentral and 6tag are rarely updating normally...
Does anyone have any ideas on this? Have I missed a thread that discusses this already? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I have also since updated to the latest update 3 on the 12th.

Mad MilkMan

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
You're not alone, no matter what I do when I use Onedrive on my phone, half the thumbnails are grey, or the same set of like 10 thumbnails or so repeat themselves down the list. I'm gonna chalk it up to being busted with the dev preview. I can see they are just fine when I go to OneDrive on the computer.

DarrenSproat

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Nice to know I'm not the only one. I am pretty confident it is just a WP8.1 dev preview issue but I had trouble finding any discussions on it. I can clearly see it started right when the June 2 update was installed... Any photo synced after that date is not viewable from OneDrive on my phone. Other devices see them fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thehinac