Midnight upload/download

W

WPCentral Question

Hi there,
Since getting WP8.1 dev preview installed I've noticed my data usage increased massively. O2 sent me a months worth of my usage & there is an update at 00:00 every night!? Anyone shed any light on what's being uploaded?
Data Sence doesn't show the usage and Auto backup of photos/videos should only be available when WiFi present.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,
Since getting WP8.1 dev preview installed I've noticed my data usage increased massively. O2 sent me a months worth of my usage & there is an update at 00:00 every night!? Anyone shed any light on what's being uploaded?
Data Sence doesn't show the usage and Auto backup of photos/videos should only be available when WiFi present.

With 8.1 there are many settings that help minimize data usage. You have to go through settings and lear. It. I have my phone set to only update when on wifi, to only use high quality download when on wifi. The one thing I noticed I that when many apps update they reset to work in background. Set up your monthly data limit with the new data app set it to your renewal cycle. And for the first month open data sence and every app that you don't mind waiting for it to update for a second when loading block from background. Once goubset this up and learn to manage it you will see a dramatic drop in data usage. I went from using close to the limit in wp8 to never appraiching 2g left with wp8.1 once you set it up right and manage apps with data sence. Itsa learning curve but after a month its easy once you teach yourself to manage it. Changing to only updating apps on wifi makes a huge data difference. Ita easy once you learn it. I learned it by going through the setting cattergoried and learning all the new features. Its worth it. Once you learn it, ifs easy to stat within your plan limits. But wp8 is different from wp8.1. I use data more now then ever but now that I've set it up right I only use 4g out of 6 with a wife that has no understanding of data management. Learn it and you will see the benifit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshi