Live account gone... Will I lose my contacts?

W

WPCentral Question

So today I went to go and download an app or two, when I got a message from microsoft saying, "It looks like someone else has been using your account." Which is odd because I cant imagine why anyone would want to... but anyway... I then went to do the standard recovery stuff, where I then came up against another wall. The recovery email address linked to the account was one a recognised, although it ended in .ck as opposed to the usual .com . In short, I cant get into that account anymore and therefore at the moment, cant download any apps.
So my question is, if I make a new windows account (whereby I would then by able to download apps) would I lose the contacts from my phone? I'm aware the contacts are synced to the microsoft account but i'm hoping they'll remain on the phone in some form too.
Any advise and recommendations appreciated.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Are you sure you haven't been fished? Have ou tried to go on account.live.com directly?

Besides, a couple of weeks ago, when I tried to check my billing options, I noticed Microsoft failed to send me the security code. A couple of days later, it was OK. So you may want to retry (by typing yourself account.live.com) the recovery process

Sully2112

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey OP here.
Unfortunately not, I went to that site and I was the one I'd been to previously.
Same response i.e. "need to verify"

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
And when you click "send security code to recovery mail", you received nothing? Weird that it's a .ck address: if you had mistypied in the first place, you shouldn't have been able to verify that recovery address.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte