T-Mobile Wifi Calling on 1520

W

WPCentral Question

Hello All.

I just recently purchased an unlocked 1520, popped in a T-Mobile SIM and I'm loving it. The phone is absolutely gorgeous and windows 8.1 is a really solid OS, a big step up from when I gave Windows phone a chance with an 8X awhile back.

The phone is not the AT&T model, but an actual unlocked model. I was wondering if there was a way to enable Wifi-Calling. I get horrid reception at my office but Wifi is always there. I've found a link to the app in the windows store but the store says, "this app is not available for your device."

Has anyone found a work around? I'm coming from android where sideloading an APK was pretty easy, is there a similar procedure for WP? Thanks all!

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
You can try manually downloading the app from the store on the desktop and copying it to the phone from there - the store app on the phone should pick it up. It might work but then it might just query the store to see if the app is allowed to install and refuse to if it isn't (case in point - people tried to get Whatsapp back this way when it was unpublished from the store and they failed).

leftandroid4WP

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your response. I attempted to sideload it via downloading the file and install it but the store tells me that the Wifi-Calling app is under "Unsupported Apps " and "Unavailable". Disappointing, but hopefully I can dig and find a work around.

limalo13

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Great question. I have the same problem with the same phone (mine is the unlocked AT&T version however) for the same carrier (t-mobile). I would love wifi-calling anyway i can get it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DentonHelen