Why Windows Phone not Android?

Em Atul

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm little bit confused b/w android and windows phone? Because everytime i ask to someone for suggestion they always suggest me to choose android... Thats why suggest me better phone for me upto or below $300..... It can be from HP slate6 voice tab or samsung grand 2 or nokia L1320 or any other also if you know something better..?

Last edited:

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
They tell you to go Android because it's perceived as cool.

If you want apps, go Android. If you want a better overall experience (generally speaking), go Windows Phone.

Personally, I really think you should go for what you perceive is the better choice. There's too much white noise in the sea of information, after all, and it would shame me to know you go for the white noise...

(Please do note that my statement above is of my opinion. Feel free to disagree. Especially with that last part. Because I could be the white noise in this scenario.)

Last edited:

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Great question...but its tough to answer cause windows doesn't really provide anything unique as of now other than camera quality & a stylish UI, which most ppl claim to be lagless, but i think Kitkat has managed to fix lagdroid.
Apps are lacking but the valley seems to be narrowing, slowly but steadily !!

As for the reason why I picked a WP over droid, well its simple, because I wanted to be different from all my friends who have droid phones.

Em Atul

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I don't think any of the owner of android phone use more than 20 apps which i think it can be avilable in windows too... Other than that i'm quality conscious more than quantity.... And i also want to do something different from others, So i think wp is better option .,. Can you plz suggest better window phone under $300 i.e, 20k

Em Atul

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
1st of all Thanks, and as i said above about apps I don't think any of the owner of android phone use more than 20 apps which i think it can also be avilable in windows too... Other than that i'm quality conscious more than quantity.... And i also want to do something different from others same as like u , So i think wp is better option for me.,. Can you plz suggest better window phone under $300 i.e, 20k

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I'd recommend the 720, first and foremost. It held its price well, which is crazy for a Nokia phone, and says a lot of good things about it.

Otherwise, 630 is the way to go. 620 has a crappy battery life, and 520 isn't as cheap as you think it is.

Em Atul

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
But 720 comes with only 512 ram... Even 630 too.. Which i think they will not able to manage many of the apps... I dn't know anything about 620 but i dn't want to buy 520, dn't know why... Other than that is 1320 could be a better option?

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
But 720 comes with only 512 ram... Even 630 too.. Which i think they will not able to manage many of the apps... I dn't know anything about 620 but i dn't want to buy 520, dn't know why... Other than that is 1320 could be a better option?

512mb ram doesnt make a WP slow at all, i have a 720 and 820 myself,only difference is a few extra games but only a small % of apps and games on the store need 1gb

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
512 RAM isn't bad for most purposes, its not going to work with some fancy apps (but they are few and far between) and its fancy 3D games that won't work.
I would recommend looking at the 620 (the 630 is more of a sidegrade to the 620), the 520 is bottom-of-the-bargain-bin, but its not what you're looking for.

The 1320 is a fine option if you could live with the size. I wouldn't be able to, but on paper, its a reasonably powerful mid-range device.

Android is often percieved as superior and WP bad. A misconception. But either one isn't for everyone, know that.

Also worth noting that some Samsung ATIV phones might be a good option. They're generally underrated in these parts, but they can potentially be found for a good price.

Em Atul

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Already windows store come with limited apps.. So now i dont want to compromize with any more avilable apps... Thts why

Em Atul

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
I dnt want to compromise with any of the app.. Thats why i'm looking for phone with1gb .... Is there any other option avilable instead of 1320? any problem in 1320? And i another thing i hate alot samsung dont know why,?

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
There are over 150'000 apps in the app store, and only a few dozen of them don't run on 512MB devices. AFAIK they are all games. Decide for yourself how important that is. Lumia 525 and 1320 both have 1GB of RAM.

I'd also vote for a 925 (not sure if affordable).

MSFTisMIA

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
There are other people who make windows phones besides Nokia. The 8X and Samsung Ativ S are 1GB RAM phones could potentially be had for a similar price bracket as some of those Lumias mentioned.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
One of the biggest features of Windows Phone was Microsoft Services like Office, and Outlook, Xbox Music (Although most will say this sucks). I use outlook calendar on a daily bases at work and I am able to set events like when reports are due and it will sync to my phone not sure if there is a Google equivalent now but the last time I used Android was Fro-Yo, rooted and updated to Gingerbread.

My xbox music collection also syncs on my Xbox allowing me to play music with videos from a massive collection on my 55" Samsung 4k TV when I throw BBQ or Crawfish Boil parties.

Another feature I think its really cool is rooms. I am able to create rooms with my family and we can just share pics, events (Calendar) and even messages to that room without the need of like Whatsapp. Wife likes to make list of things I need to grab using OneNote and syncing it into the room so that I can grab them on the way home. example Cheese, milk, hocolate.

In terms of productivity Windows Phone beats Android. Again this is Android Gingerbread. I do not know what KitKat or Lime Pie is like as far as productivity.

One thing I hated most about Android is the fact that you need to root your phone and flash different roms to make it optimized.

One thing I hate about Windows Phone is that they take forever to implement new features.

Em Atul

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanx buddy for such a deep comparison... Yup now i'm also going for wp but now confusion is all about which one under $300,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss