Date and time resets after battery runs out and after a soft-reset

W

WPCentral Question

Hello,

I am using my Lumia for over a week now, it is a fantastic phone, but I encounter a small problem: Date and time resets on its own! After my battery runs out the phone always resets back to 20 July 13, 03:00 and does not pick a new time if time is set automatically.

I tried setting the time manually, but running out of battery still causes the phone to go back to that date. Setting the phone on either automatically or manually and then doing a soft reset, resets the date/time and sets it to "manual" as well.

I am using an International version, bought from Amazon UK. I did all the software updates available. I am on 3 Mobile, UK carrier. I did not have any issues with 3, with my iPhone and HTC One.

Thanks in advance,
Andreas

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The time and date automatic updating does not use internet time servers in the same way as your computer/previous phones. Windows Phone uses the NITZ protocol instead, which is supplied by network providers (although not all of them).

I have the same problem with EE here in the UK and I am forced to manually correct my date/time after any reset.

Please refer to

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NITZ

for more information.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb