Considering going back to Windows from Android

k264

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I purchased a NL920 when it first came out and after 3 hardware failures and phone replacements, I ended up purchasing an HTC One because I was so upset with Windows and having to go through 3 phones in less than a year. My contract with AT&T will be ending in december and am looking to pick up a contract with either Sprint or TMobile, so I can get unlimited data and not get charged $20 for going over data (seriously nothing pisses me off more than getting an email saying I just got charged $20 for watching youtube). Ive been watching all the advancements that came with the 8.1 update and am pretty impressed with it, my main concern is that the 920's I had put a REALLY sour taste in my mouth for Windows, but I love the build quality and really enjoy reading about the Nokia 1520 and will be looking forward to see what the next Nokia phablet will be. What do you guys think of making the switching from Android to Windows 8.1. At this point right now it will be a toss up between either the Note 4 or whichever new Nokia Phablet brings to the table. I like the look and feel of the Windows phones and like the direction its headed, but like I said, the fact that I had 3 NL920 crap on out on in less than a year and when I first purchased it, lack of app support has me questioning if its a viable option (I understand YouTube not working is not Window's fault so im not taking that into account)

Any input from you guys would be awesome

Thanks in advance.
Victor

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, we would obviously welcome you back, sorry to hear about the 920, must've been a bad batch or just bad luck.
You've experienced WP firsthand and know what its like, ignoring defective 920's for the most part, so no one can really decide for you.
I would suggest peeking into the store to see if what you absolutely need is there, or there in the form of a competent 3rd party client.

Worth noting Sprint has no Nokia devices and hardly any WPs (HTC 8XT, Samsung ATIV S Neo)in the lineup. T-Mobile hasn't been getting first dibs on devices (ATT calls the shots i take it) and no phablet on it for now, so there's a good chance you will be buying an unlocked device, probably not too much of a problem since IIRC, T-Mo has separated the cost of the phone from the bill.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christinaenth