Nokia Lumia 625 - Sound Issues - Connected to Battery Saver Mode?

W

WPCentral Question

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum so I hope I have posted this in the correct place, apologies to the mods if not.

I've had my new Nokia Lumia 625 for around a month now, it's my first smartphone. Everything has been great until twice this week, while using the phone, the sound has all cut out. The first time was when typing a text and I noticed the keyboard sound wasn't working, the second time was streaming a video on Youtube and the sound stopped part way through. The sound issue stops all sound - I called myself from the landline and, although the call came through, there was no sound.

I did some reading up online and found that a few people had had similar issues caused by the phone thinking there was something in the headphone jack. I hadn't actually used the headphones on the phone but tried the advise of blowing the headphone jack and inserting and then removing headphones but this did nothing.

To cut a long story short, I tried a few different things and then plugged the phone into the charger (literally for a few seconds) and the sound was back. The first time this happened I thought fine, there was a glitch and it is fixed. There were no problems for a few days and then again the sound issue happened when streaming a Youtube video. Again, I plugged the phone into the charger for a few seconds and the sound came back on.

I'm happy that I have found a fix but don't want to be relying on being able to plug the phone in every time this happens. I checked for updates but none were needed. The only other common thing I could think of is that (definately the second time this happened) and I think for the first time, the phone was on Battery Saver mode. So my question is, would Battery Saver mode cut off any sounds to preserve the battery?

Thanks in advance

Mirela Socol

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
I have a similar problem, for me nothing that is sound related works (not even vibrating that in my opinion should at least work). I can't hear music, sounds, buttons, headset, incoming phone calls, outgoing calls not to mention games or headset.
I read somewhere that Windows Phone has got a single Volume control, this may be the reason all of them don't work now :unhappysweat:
You could try resetting to factory settings ..might work for you.

Ehsan Ullah1

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
it seems your cell phone is in battery saver mode
go to settings and in battery saving option turn off that mode
when your battery is low your cell phone automatically go to saver mode and turn off sound notifications and vibrations

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs