Windows phone 8 - suggested ap install notifications constantly

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Hey guys,

As of yesterday my Lumia 920 has gone into overdrive with the app install suggestions and update notifications. Looks like it could be a result of the recent update to the store app.

Yesterday = 16 suggestions for apps I should install
Today = 7 so far.

I have turned off the suggestions within the store settings and obviously this has't made the blindest bit of difference.
I am rapidly getting to the point where I will see if the Lumia can fly ... only started yesterday and already well pi$$ed off with it.

Anybody else experiencing this?

Pete

wheeliepw

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
It would appear so, multiple suggestions for new apps and games. Weird thing was the icon/avatar associated with the update was a wikipedia icon!! WTF?
I've since deleted wikipedia.
Quite a strange thing to suddenly start yesterday.

if i click on the notification in taken straight into the store app.

wheeliepw

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Was thinking that, checked and don't have it installed funnily enough. What rang alarm bells was the wikipedia icon on every notification? Bizarre. Nothing since i deleted the wiki app.

I'll update if i see any more pointless suggestions or notifications.

Thanks so far guys.

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Hmm. I tapped the Store icon and when the page comes up if you tap the 3 dots at the bottom (to the right of the search icon) you can get to 'settings'. Tap 'settings' and you get the store settings. There's a box that has 'suggestions'. Maybe there's a menu to untick so you won't get suggestions? I didn't want to tap it because I don't know if I will unknowingly ask to start getting app suggestions ---- just in case. :winktongue:

wheeliepw

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Yep if you go into suggestions, click yes and there is an option to turn off. Just wondering if its the same as the button to delete temp files? Just there for show perhaps?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786