Nokia 930 windows 8.1 snapdragon 800 overheating

W

WPCentral Question

Will there be some options to underclock snapdragon 800 on Nokia Lumias or Windows Phone 8.1? CPU heating make this smartphone quite unusable for most of smartphone functions.

lenspen

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
well, it depends on whether the 930 phone is having a genuine overheating problem.
and by "genuine overheating problem" means, i believe the manufacturer's engineer has put the phone to conditional test and stress test. it should be not facing any overheating problem under normal circumstances.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Even then, we don't have anywhere near the amount of leeway under the hood needed to directly control the processors and stuff.

If a device overheats to the point of damage or unusability, its going to need replacement because of a defect

blondais

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Sadly, i can't accept that. I've got nice top-end phone i can't do anything different from my old Nokia 3270, or else it would heat my palms to the level i'm not comfortable with :)

All the similar topics are like - all other snapdragon 800 owners - htc, samsung,..., have the same. But it is not the way for the support. At least not for the top-end support. So, CPU underclock would be nice feature if there is no other way rather than to say - don't use this, don't use that.

rocky61915

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I have the Lumia 930 and the issue around heat in the bottom right hand corner may resolve itself after a few days of use. At least it did to me anyway. On day one, it would heat up after only 1 minute of use and the battery life would drop like crazy 100% to 91% in 5-7 minutes. It has been just under a week for me and my new phone and it is taking much longer to heat up. (around 10 mins and it is barely warm) The battery only goes down 2-3 percent in 10-12 minutes too. Let me know if your phone does the same eventually.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshi