Can't type password using on screen buttons to access phone

W

WPCentral Question

As the title suggests when I go to use my phone (HTC 8X, 8.1) and it asks me for my password I go to type the numbers, however I am unable to type any number displayed on the middle row (4, 5 and 6). Either nothing happens or it will click the number above or below it instead. No, I don't have oversize fingers, I ruled this out by taking my finger and sliding it from the bottom number of a column to the top number, when I did this all the numbers my finger slid over would highlight except for the affected buttons 4, 5 and 6. I then attempted to rule out whether that area of the phones screen was broken by pulling down my drop down menu and clicking on a notification that was displayed in the same general area. The phone didn't have any trouble registering my click on the drop down menu. I've also attempted to restart my phone to fix it several times with no luck, as well as a soft-reset which also did not fix the issue.

So essentially I'm completely locked out of my phone even though I know my password, I'm just unable to physically type it in. I would like to avoid a full reset at all costs, I will try anything before resorting to that. It might also be useful to mention that I attempted to google the issue for both my specific phone and Windows Phones in general, as well as checking to see if it was a known bug for 8.1, I found no results of people experiencing this.

Joe Horyza

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
My phone seemed to of self corrected the issue with the password buttons however it created two new problems out of nowhere (this all happened overnight while my phone was on and charging). Now it's the middle row of my keyboard that doesn't respond to clicking, even swipe texting doesn't work, it will show a line but the line cuts out whenever it crosses the middle row of letters and acts as though they were never clicked/passed over. The other issue that has spawned out of nowhere is that my capacitive buttons no longer function. Meaning I have to restart my phone every time I want to change apps. I attempted to locate an app replacement for the capacitive buttons but unfortunately since I cannot use my middle row of letters on my keyboard it has made the process of searching for such an app damn near impossible.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap