Nokia lumia 925 vs Nokia lumia 1520

W

WPCentral Question

This is a question that may have been asked previously so I apologize if this is a reoccurring thing. I've finally decided to leave the Apple ecosystem and start looking for a windows phone. Its come down to the Lumia 925 and the Lumia 1520 on AT&T. I've reports and blogs about problems with each, more so with the 925. I have small hands for a guy so the 1520 is somewhat intimidating. The 925 however, I've read has poor reception problems, battery issues, and heating problems. Would anyone be able to inform me if the 925 issues have been resolved through updates or if the problems still continue? Also, if either of the two phones developed problems with 8.1? (beta or if you received the update today since it has been released). Thanks so much

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Well I have the 925, was part of the dp and now have cyan as well... When I first received my phone the battery life was horrible, but after switching off some of the background tasks, draining it (a few times) and charging it again the battery life stabilized :) With 8.1 the battery life for most 925-ers improved a bit more. The heating issue did remain tho, however I should note that the 925 was made for casual use and not for intense gaming (anything that requires a lot of ram usage).. Personally i solved this problem by purchasing a terrapin back cover case :D The heating is still there (yes Im a gamer from time to time), but with the cover on you will barely notice it! My reception is pretty good, but I don't live in the US so we have that.. Wifi has been an issue, but apparently that was a general issue (not limited to the 925)...

I can't say anything about cyan yet, because I just updated lol

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm not on AT&T but on T-Mobile and have the 925. I haven't experienced any of the issues you mentioned. Battery life is decent to good, I've never had reception problems at all and my phone has only heated up a couple of times while playing one particular game (Words with Friends, which I've since uninstalled since it's an insane battery hog) and while charging. My phone runs 8.1 and has no major issue. I don't have Cyan yet either, but I've noticed that battery life is steadily improving since I updated to 8.1 via the developer preview. Can't say anything about the 1520 since I don't have it, but I've handled the one on display at an AT&T store near me twice and that thing is WAY too huge... Nice but HUGE!

johnskrilla

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
Well I have the 925, was part of the dp and now have cyan as well... When I first received my phone the battery life was horrible, but after switching off some of the background tasks, draining it (a few times) and charging it again the battery life stabilized :) With 8.1 the battery life for most 925-ers improved a bit more. The heating issue did remain tho, however I should note that the 925 was made for casual use and not for intense gaming (anything that requires a lot of ram usage).. Personally i solved this problem by purchasing a terrapin back cover case :D The heating is still there (yes Im a gamer from time to time), but with the cover on you will barely notice it! My reception is pretty good, but I don't live in the US so we have that.. Wifi has been an issue, but apparently that was a general issue (not limited to the 925)...

I can't say anything about cyan yet, because I just updated lol

What do you mean by draining it? I have battery issues with my Lumia 925 and I'm in the U.S.

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
This is a question that may have been asked previously so I apologize if this is a reoccurring thing. I've finally decided to leave the Apple ecosystem and start looking for a windows phone. Its come down to the Lumia 925 and the Lumia 1520 on AT&T. I've reports and blogs about problems with each, more so with the 925. I have small hands for a guy so the 1520 is somewhat intimidating. The 925 however, I've read has poor reception problems, battery issues, and heating problems. Would anyone be able to inform me if the 925 issues have been resolved through updates or if the problems still continue? Also, if either of the two phones developed problems with 8.1? (beta or if you received the update today since it has been released). Thanks so much

I have never had any of the problems I've heard about online!! I guess wen u mass produce products ur going to get a few duds amongst the product line. I love the 925 altho I',m getting a 930 in a few weeks but I'll still keep the 925 as it's a great phone. I too have used Apple products and I swear u won't have any app issues like peeps go on about. If there isn't n app Windows Phone devs make it, simple as that!!!

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

I hadn't read it.

I have no reception, battery or heating problems. People who have problems like that should look for Nokia Care. It is hardware, so problems are expected.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa