Nokia Lumia 820 - Water Damaged Reset

W

WPCentral Question

I dropped my Nokia Lumia 820 in water 2 days ago and have left it to dry out since, however this morning i tested it and while it turns on, the touch screen does not work and and neither do any of the buttons. I am aware that the phone is beyond repair and am prepared to purchase a new one, however I would like to reset the phone to factory settings before disposing of it. Is there any way of doing this without the use of buttons and touch screen?

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I dropped my Nokia Lumia 820 in water 2 days ago and have left it to dry out since, however this morning i tested it and while it turns on, the touch screen does not work and and neither do any of the buttons. I am aware that the phone is beyond repair and am prepared to purchase a new one, however I would like to reset the phone to factory settings before disposing of it. Is there any way of doing this without the use of buttons and touch screen?

wait for a while,try putting it in a bag of rice without the cover,sim etc for atleast a week,the phone should "kickstart"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes