Is the 8.1 causing problems with Netflix going to be fixed anytime soon?

W

WPCentral Question

8.1 causing problem with Netflix putting me off buying windows phone

Hi. I am a huge Netflix fan. I was about to change to Nokia Lumia 630 from Android until I read about issues with watching Netflix on Windows 8.1 phone. Does anybody know if this is likely to be fixed soon? Thanks. D.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: 8.1 causing problem with Netflix putting me off buying windows phone

I binge-watched House of Cards on my Lumia 920 w/ WP 8.0, and right now, I've got the dev preview of 8.1 running Netflix, watching Funny Face. No problems at all.

But my 920 runs a Snapdragon 800 processor has 1 GB RAM and currently 13 GB free space on 32 GB mass memory. I don't know if you'd get the same result on a 630 w a Snapdragon 400 processor, 512 MB RAM, and free space of 7 GB after OS installation. The hardware affects performance as much as, if not more than, the OS.

If budget is an issue, the 920 is available for less than $300 through Amazon, brand new. It's a discontinued model for MS Nokia, but receiving firmware and OS updates just like the 630 and others. Plus you'd get 2 cameras, instead of one. If an SD card is a must, you might even want to look at the 1020.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I've never had issues with Netflix since I've been using Windows Phone. It worked fine on my Nokia Lumia 900 (WP7.x) and my Nokia Lumia 920 (currently running WP8.1 Preview).

sejgiul

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

Hi. I am a huge Netflix fan. I was about to change to Nokia Lumia 630 from Android until I read about issues with watching Netflix on Windows 8.1 phone. Does anybody know if this is likely to be fixed soon? Thanks. D.

Netflix has always worked really well on windows phone. I've got the 630 and works like a charm 😉

deniam

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site

D here. Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply. It's always nice to hear from others about their experience. I guess I'll go ahead and take the plunge! Thanks again. D :wink:

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

D here. Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply. It's always nice to hear from others about their experience. I guess I'll go ahead and take the plunge! Thanks again. D :wink:

Glad to see you registered with the WPC site. Welcome to the tile side. Visit often and participate. We're an opinionated bunch, but no one's opinion counts any more than yours! There are lots of very informative how-to's on the Windows Phone website, but if you'd like recommendations about additional must-have apps, ask here on WPC, either in the Windows Phone 8 or 8.1 or the Lumia 630 forums.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadpool7788