Lost apps while moving them from phone to sd card!

W

WPCentral Question

I lost most of my apps while moving them from phone to sd card as i wanted to do a hard reset! they are now MAYBE displayed under other files in storage sense but i cannot open them..! apps icons are there in start screen but i cant open them! Im using nokia lumia 625 on windows 8.1

abulkalam

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Your answer is partially helpful,, coz when i open the store and go to my app list,,,,,,, instead of downloading option it displays update button in the place of download button,,,,,,but when I update it, after downloading it do not installs but shows attention required,,,,,, and also i cannot find it in my device app list,,,,, please help me solving this major problem,,,i will be ever grateful to you,,,,, thanks in advance,...

abulkalam

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I also tried soft reset to recover the lost data or app by , in 8.1 soft reset is done by pressing the volume down button and the lock screen button simultaneously and hold it down more than 10sec your phone will automatically restart and you performed a soft reset,,,,, so I did it but in vain no results came out and still facing the problem coz I cannot use those apps for ever,,,,,,,,,,. They aren't getting installed in my device after downloading/updating them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, what should I do,,

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Firstly never moves apps to SD card if you are planning to do a hard reset thinking that its a medium of backing up your stuff. After doing a hard re-set the apps of the SD card will not be useable. Its due to certain encryption logic applied by the OS. After a hard re-set you have to anyhow re-install the apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett