sim free 1520 and cyan

Tomas Kavanagh

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I bought my 1520 from the UK sim free. When I look up extras and info it says mobile operator is 000-HK even though my home network is Ireland.

My question is will I update to cyan as a HK phone or as an irish one?

I don't want to downgrade to 8 until I know because cyan isn't in Ireland for 1520 yet.

Many thanks in advance.

Tomas

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I bought my 1520 from the UK sim free. When I look up extras and info it says mobile operator is 000-HK even though my home network is Ireland.

My question is will I update to cyan as a HK phone or as an irish one?

I don't want to downgrade to 8 until I know because cyan isn't in Ireland for 1520 yet.

Many thanks in advance.

Tomas

Sounds like you have got the International one. Yes they are a little cheaper, but that's the only drawback. It will receive updates when they are released in Hong Kong as that what the firmware is. However, it is possible to flash a more local ROM onto it, so you get updates when they are released in your region instead. I want a 1520 but on a budget so that will be the only way for me to get one.

There are a couple of threads with links on this - a quick search should dig them out. Just make sure you back everything up you want to keep, as everything gets wiped in the process. If you feel safe following the procedure, know and accept all the risks involved, then that's your best option. Otherwise I would say wait, unless you trust someone else well enough to do it and not kill them if it goes horribly wrong :wink:.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eozplxz