Downgrade to "Amber" from "Black"

W

WPCentral Question

I recently got a new windows phone and i installed the pending updates. The newest available version was "3051.40000.1347.1001" or "Black" (the current OS version). Once i installed these updates i turned on my phone and was unable to open any app on my phone after about 30 seconds. The setting, messaging, email, phone, etc...
I have tried everything from Soft to Hard resets. i just can't figure out what seems to be the problem. Everything was working before the phone updated. I have also tried using the Nokia Software Recovery Tool to attempt to re-install the update, but it always says it failed and it has to recover the phone.

Sebastianx

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I recently got a new windows phone and i installed the pending updates. The newest available version was "3051.40000.1347.1001" or "Black" (the current OS version). Once i installed these updates i turned on my phone and was unable to open any app on my phone after about 30 seconds. The setting, messaging, email, phone, etc...
I have tried everything from Soft to Hard resets. i just can't figure out what seems to be the problem. Everything was working before the phone updated. I have also tried using the Nokia Software Recovery Tool to attempt to re-install the update, but it always says it failed and it has to recover the phone.

Sounds like a hardware failure to me. Downgrading or Upgrading will have no help at all. Try contacting the nearest Nokia Care in your area. They can help you.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
You can do something called dead flash, search for the instructions here on the threads or online. Also find out what variant of Lumia do you have to find the correct ROM for flashing

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ziyachater