Thats...a little creepy..

SgtBigRig

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Just activated my lumia 635 (got tired of waiting on OEMS) and i noticed that when i used the simcard (straight talk) it got all of the contact info from my other phone (Net10) I haven't exchanged the simcards between them or anything. I just inserted the new simcard, and BAM all my contact info was transfered.

Im a worried what this might mean, that my contact info was on some server,ect. Since nothing physically was transferred from one phone to another.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
your contacts are usually on a server like outlook/hotmail or google. Windows phones automatically back up data so if you sign in to another windows phone, your settings, messages and other data are transferred to the new phone.

SgtBigRig

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
oh i had no idea lol. I suppose..im ok with it being from the windows server..No No im not. also my other phone was a samsung focus 2, windows 7.5 aka no dev preview. I woudlnt even have changed over if it was still functioning. But this will tie me over until Lenovo and other release their WP devices.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
oh i had no idea lol. I suppose..im ok with it being from the windows server..No No im not. also my other phone was a samsung focus 2, windows 7.5 aka no dev preview. I woudlnt even have changed over if it was still functioning. But this will tie me over until Lenovo and other release their WP devices.
I understand.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raymowen