Word flow very slow to recognise word

W

WPCentral Question

I have upgraded to the 8.1 developer preview on a Nokia Lumia 920.
The only issue I've found so far is when typing into any application (mostly sms or search but it doesn't matter what app). If using the word flow, every word takes about a second and a half to recognise and put it in the typing area. If I type the letters normally the first 5 words or so are fine, then they also take a long time to recognise.
Is this a known issue, or do I need to make a change somewhere?
Thanks

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I have not experienced that with my phone however I used to have that issue with my Surface. I would suggest restarting your device. If that doesn't work, it may be worth backing everything up and restoring the device. It will keep the 8.1 install but may fix some issues that may have raised during your first update.

Chris Crawshaw

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the reply. I have rebooted and tried the soft boot. I'm a bit worried about restoring the phone because when I've tried it in the past it gets stuck on the cogs screen and I've had to send it back. What's the best procedure for this?

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Once everything is backed up, All Settings > About > Reset Phone.

I've never had the spinning cog issue. Just make sure when you do it, keep the phone on charge and don't touch it until its done. The spinning cogs do take a very long time, but in every case I've done it (on all my family members and friends phones) it always works.

3earnhardt3

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you have hardware failure if you tend to get spinning cogs on hard resets and extremely slow keyboard. Word flow should guess at what you are typing as you are drawing and instantly pop the word in when you let go of the screen. I would offload ALL of your pics, vids and other files to a PC and hard reset the phone without restoring a backup. If the wordflow still does not work or the phone gets stuck on spinning cogs it is very likely hardware related and not software.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Christinaenth