Developer Preview Program question

W

WPCentral Question

Hi, I have a Nokia L920 and I have enroled the Developer Preview Program to install the Windows 8.1 OS
But today on the "Preview for Developers" I've unchecked the option "Enable Preview for Developers" do disable the Developer Preview program...
I assume that now I wont get any Dev Preview Related Updates and so the 8.1 GDR1 I will only get when the final version is available My question is, I still will receive the final WP8.1 + Cyan without downgrade to W8 I'll just need to wait longer then if I downgrade right?

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
The official Cyan update for WP is taking too long to deploy... dunno if ever will be an Cyan update for DP versions, just have in mind to downgrade your L920, because MS recommends to go back to normal version of the OS in order to receive the firmware updates.

Pedro Cavaleiro

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
My questionvis not quite answered... Even though I left the dev preview program I will not get the wp8.1 final?
I thought that after I left the dev preview soon as the final 8.1 is released to my device I would recive it

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
For now, seems there is no solution to the problem with Cyan firmware and WP8.1 DP.

Basically there is like 2 updates for any Lumia phone: The main update which is the WP8.1 and the firmware update (Amber, Black, Cyan) that goes tailored for a specific Lumia model. In the official release of the WP8.1 the Cyan firmware comes with it. The WP8.1 DP comes only the OS not the firmware.

Right now, the WP8.1 DP is facing the problem of getting the Cyan firmware update for the BitLocker problem, there is no fix for now, so the recommended action is to downgrade the WP8.1 to WP8 and then wait for the official WP8.1 in order to get the Cyan firmware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster