Lumia 1020 Camera live view issue

newbits

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey I was wondering if any one else is having this issue below;

To my knowledge, I believe ever since I have installed the developer preview for windows 8.1 for my Lumia 1020, Nokia's camera app no longer gives me accurate live view preview. I can change the shutter speeds/ISOs etc but none of those changes are in the live view, however those effects are shown once the picture is taken.

i.e. In a dim room, i set ISO to 100, Shutter speed at say 1/1000, and no flash enabled, it should produce a very dark image, but in the live view of the camera it shows a perfectly exposed imaged. Only after I have taken the picture, it shows what the image really looks like, a dark image as expected. This wasn't the case before, it use to take a image exactly as seen. Anyone else having this issue?

Even as i move through all the shutter speed settings (keeping ISO constant at 100) none of the settings affect in the live view display. This gets a little frustrating when you're trying to be creative with your shots...

Tried to look this up to see if anyone else is having this issue, but no luck... If anyone resolved this please let me know. I've tried resetting the phone settings/phone already, but didn't do anything.

Thanks!

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm. I'm still on WP8 and my experience is different from yours. I was taking some storm cloud shots and deliberately underexposed for effect, by setting fast shutter speed. The live view looked correct, but the photo when it came up looked (as I had wanted it to) a tad underexposed. Some where I'd badly overdone it showed horizontal streaks and bands across a very dark image but again the live view had looked correct.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

newbits

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Oh, at least it is a close representation to the image you're getting. The live view doesn't change no matter how i change my settings. I can set it so that i can a complete black image and live view will still be showing me what it sees without taking into consideration my settings....

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I think we're saying the same thing. I just took a few indoor shots at different settings that would badly underexpose. The live views looked normal despite the very fast shutter speeds and didn't change even with half-pressure of the release. The photos themselves however did show the effect...three completely black and one very dark. But this is what I'm saying it's always been like on my 1020. To be able to see the effect of manual settings changes on live view would be very useful but I've never had it. Perhaps it's me that's got the problem.

Marc43

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
The only settings changes I've been able to see in my 1020 in live view are brightness, white balance and focus...all others only are visible on the picture results themselves. I am on DP but I believe it has always been that way at least for me

newbits

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Oh sorry, when you said a tad underexposed, i thought you were getting a very close approximation to what you were seeing.

I think we're saying the same thing. I just took a few indoor shots at different settings that would badly underexpose. The live views looked normal despite the very fast shutter speeds and didn't change even with half-pressure of the release. The photos themselves however did show the effect...three completely black and one very dark. But this is what I'm saying it's always been like on my 1020. To be able to see the effect of manual settings changes on live view would be very useful but I've never had it. Perhaps it's me that's got the problem.

newbits

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Well i remember when i first got the phone. I went through the tutorial where they show you the adjustment to the shutter speeds and it's reflected in the live view. I distinctly remember playing around and having the same experience as the tutorial for shutter speed. So recently when i started to play around with the manual controls i realized this was no longer true.

The only settings changes I've been able to see in my 1020 in live view are brightness, white balance and focus...all others only are visible on the picture results themselves. I am on DP but I believe it has always been that way at least for me

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Well i remember when i first got the phone. I went through the tutorial where they show you the adjustment to the shutter speeds and it's reflected in the live view. I distinctly remember playing around and having the same experience as the tutorial for shutter speed. So recently when i started to play around with the manual controls i realized this was no longer true.

I wish I could do that, it would be very useful. Perhaps it caused problems and was removed in an update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linkzero1979