Do I have to downgrade my 1520 dev.preview 8.1?

Omar Cardona

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site
Do I have to downgrade from the developer preview 8.1 to WP8 to get the Lumia Cyan? I hope not. I don't want to for the 3rd time to redo all my stuff. Please get back to me. Thank you.

Prathameshk

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Do I have to downgrade from the developer preview 8.1 to WP8 to get the Lumia Cyan? I hope not. I don't want to for the 3rd time to redo all my stuff. Please get back to me. Thank you.
If phone is using bitlocker then you need to downgrade to 8.0 or else no need to downgrade...because I 'm using L625 dp8.1 & I successfully update to cyan w/o downgrading

Willy Soughers

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Well.. Yes and no. I'm in a similar dilemma. My Lumia 1520 is awesome and it got even awesome-er after 8.1 dev preview. Then bugs started... Random resets, battery life, etc. I had to reset 3 times to get it working optimally and I, like you, sure dont want to do it AGAIN just for cyan. Especially once I got all my notification center options perfectly sorted (took me hours lol). As far as we know, Microsoft IS working on a fix, there's just no ETA. Luckily, the issue holding back our cyan update isn't a huge one or even widespread. Meaning it could be a quick back end fix. Being on the dev preview, imo, outweighs cyan considering were getting updates even now with update 1 around the corner. My advice is to wait on it. My hopes are that the fix will just be bundled in update 1 if not cyan itself but either way, its just a matter of time so dont jump the gun and start over for a firmware update that isn't even that big. Unless camera improvements and some other minor features are THAT important to ya.😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap