Cannot create a Google account on my Lumia 925 (after I updated to WP8.1)

Zerico

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

A couple of days ago I updated my Lumia 925 to WP8.1 and after that I have encountered a couple of annoying issues.
Today my Gmail account stopped sync and every time I tried to open the email app i got this error message: "error code 80072f05"
I then removed my Google account to try to reinstall it again, I thought this would fix the problem. But then I encountered the second issue; I cannot create a Google account. Every time I click on the "Create google account" it just re-appears again.
I filmed it so you can see what happens:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZPMEN9O6-d8

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Kind regards,
Zerico

Zerico

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi again:

I managed to solve the issues myself, so please go ahead and lock the thread.

The problem was that the time settings was not correct: The date was on the 22nd of March instead of as today (4th of August). When changed to today I could create the Gmail account again.
This issue stems from when I updated to WP8.1 the mobile freezes and crashes almost once a day (everything turns black and then you cannot restart the mobile again.) I have to soft reset the phone every time and this probably led to the strange time.
If anyone have a fix for the crashes you are more than welcome to reply here. Maybe it has to do with some apps not being fully functional with WP8.1? I don't have that many though...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshi