Nokia lumia 625 touchscreen problem

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Have had my phone for a week - several times now the touchscreen has "frozen" in that no areas of the screen work. - I can't even press the "start" button to bring the menu back. The side buttons also don't work - I can't turn it off or anything. If I leave it for, say, 30 seconds it all just starts working again. I did have a screen protector on, so took that off and thought that had solved the problem but today it has done it three times already. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Did you buy the product new? Or secondhand? If it's new you can turn it in to Nokia or Microsoft with a receipt and probably get a new one. If it's secondhand, they can't do anything for you. Try a hard reset, and see if that works, though. Hard resets often fix bugs like that.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Alright try this. Hold down the volume down button, the power button, and the camera button all at the same time. When you feel a vibration release the volume and camera but hold power until phone reboots.
If this doesn't work, since your phone is new you probably have a warranty. You can turn it in and get it replaced.

jjcoles

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I have changed the touch sensitivity (it was on high, I have put it to normal) to see if that has any effect. Don't really want to do a factory reset unless I have to. If I do do it, how do I save my contacts>

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
To be honest, I'm not completely certain. I've never had to do a factory reset. Actually wait, all of your contacts should be saved/synced to either your GMail or your Microsoft Account or even your Facebook. Signing back in will re sync the contacts.

jjcoles

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I am cautiously optimistic that changing the touch screen sensitivity has actually worked - haven't had the problem since trying it (hope I haven't jinxed myself!). :amaze:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes