IE 11 & Speed dial

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Suppose you could leave the tabs on IE on. Kind of use them as your own speed dial. Its like a temporary solution to a permanent problem. They really should have shortcuts or quick dial options. They might do in the next Windows Phone update. A reminder the tabs may use up data. I have not tried this method but I have had tabs open that I forgot about all that happened was my online apps like facebook got slower. But yes UC browser is great for that though I have it and its super quick. I read somewhere that Google Chrome is looking into a Windows Phone app. Fingers crossed!!

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Just try pinning the site to your Start screen.

That's the simplest workaround to this.
That's a great way too. If you do this you cant have transparent live tiles so the screen could look cluttered. I suppose you could place them at the bottom of your screen. It would be so much easier if IE had the same interface as UC Browser

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Yes, you make a very good point actually. Especially with the GDR 1 folders. You could make a folder for all your favourite websites.
OMG I actually forgot about the Folders app. That's the best solution. Yes do this option. How did I forget that lol. Great idea. Have a folder for social sites, sports, news, entertainment etc. Brilliant!!

Nokia5110

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I use UCB, there are a couple of web pages it fails load. Memory error at line:1 then the browser crushes.

Unfortunately when there is a log in IE 11 does not load the website. L625, cyan+8.1 update. I will skip the folders, because I be short cuts everywhere. I use mostly mobile data hence need minimal impact on bandwidth.

Thank you all.

djeire84

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I use UCB, there are a couple of web pages it fails load. Memory error at line:1 then the browser crushes.

Unfortunately when there is a log in IE 11 does not load the website. L625, cyan+8.1 update. I will skip the folders, because I be short cuts everywhere. I use mostly mobile data hence need minimal impact on bandwidth.

Thank you all.

Use what ever you feel comfortable with. UC browser is a really good browser. Sorry I couldn't be more help :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadpool7788