Native messaging app/people hub Windows Phone 8/8.1

W

WPCentral Question

Is there a way to go back to using the previous native Messages app from Windows Phone 8 on 8.1? It was so much better, with the Facebook integration and all that. It was practical and way faster. Same with the People Hub, it was a lot quicker to see posts from your timeline by just swiping left on the Hub. Wonder why Microsoft took that away, it was one of the coolest things the OS had :/

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
No. Microsoft took away native facebook integration because everytime facebook changed they would have to recode for it to continue to work. With 8.1 it is still possible but now it is up to the app to hook itself in. The good thing is this allows other social media to do so but it might take a little while to update I it will (facebook is against the integration they want to push people to their messanger app)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For all intents and purposes, it is not possible.

I believe it was yanked because it was out-of-date. it showed up as "Web" to other people, not Mobile, it didn't do any of the stickers or other features. The official FB Messenger is superior, but standalone. Easily updated too. I still wish I saw the option to integrate stuff into the Messages hub.

NathanDuarte

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
No. Microsoft took away native facebook integration because everytime facebook changed they would have to recode for it to continue to work. With 8.1 it is still possible but now it is up to the app to hook itself in. The good thing is this allows other social media to do so but it might take a little while to update I it will (facebook is against the integration they want to push people to their messanger app)

The problem is that their Messenger app sucks on Windows Phone. It was a lot faster when it was integrated to the OS. I just hope at least other apps offer that function in the near future. :p

NathanDuarte

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
For all intents and purposes, it is not possible.

I believe it was yanked because it was out-of-date. it showed up as "Web" to other people, not Mobile, it didn't do any of the stickers or other features. The official FB Messenger is superior, but standalone. Easily updated too. I still wish I saw the option to integrate stuff into the Messages hub.

The plus side was that we could quickly switch from Facebook to SMS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshi