WP 8.1 phone gets hung when we get a Skype call in standby mode

W

WPCentral Question

Hello Everyone,

I received the WP 8.1 update on my Lumia 1520. After Installation completed, I'm facing some problems from Skype.
In standby mode (locked mode), if i get a skype call... the WP gets hung. I have no other option other than force reboot the phone to get it working.

The OS version is : 8.10.14147.180

I tried re-installing the Skyp software, soft reset of the phone ... but still face the same issue.
Does anyone faced this issue ? can anyone help me on this issue please?

Thanks.

robbattaglia

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello - I have the same issue with WP 8.1 on a Lumia Icon. I was on a call for three hours with both Nokia and Skype support - they both blamed each other and I hung up! I have already uninstalled the program, restarted and re-installed. Nokia wanted me to wipe my phone and start over. When I said that this was the solution for every problem the tech. could not understand why not! I believe that this is a Skype issue with WP 8.1 and not with my phone. If it was the phone then it would not be happening on other phones. I have already responded to another post from some other users have the same exact issue.

Regards,

Rob

robbattaglia

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Found the answer on another post. In settings go to Lock Screen and under notifications choose Skype for "Choose an app to show detailed status". This will allow the screen to show that you have an incoming call and you can then swipe up and it will answer the call. Not sure why both Skype and Nokia did not know this!!!

Best of Luck.

Regards,

Rob

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faiqarani